Update on Jones to the Braves for Jurrjens, Prado, Plus

Roll Tide

• Replies 423
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If we could lock him up, I'd love to. I just don't see him resigning with us...
It's soon time to exchange arbitartion numbers. I'd be surprised if they don't already have an indication of Jones willingness to extend, and these trade talks are the result.

Sure who wouldn't, but the Braves aren't doing that. So you would prefer keeping Jones for two years and signing Maholm Saunders for two years?

I'm not sure that's a fair hypo. Granted, if those are the ONLY two options, I'd prefer the former, but do we know the Braves won't make a different trade for Jones? Do we know that another team wouldn't put together an offer of mostly-prospects? I could be misreading the stories, but it sounds as though DD has targeted a package of players that includes ML talent. To me, that doesn't mean that a prospect-package is necessarily nonexistent.

EDIT: the "former" being making the trade, even though you didn't list it specifically. My reading comprehension sucks today.

I just don't see him resigning with us...

I did, until the trade talk started. I think he feels insulted that the Orioles wouldn't keep him as part of their core. Even his mom's Twitter post gives the vibe that they feel slighted over the whole situation.

Every EXIT is an ENTRANCE to somewhere else.... so true, stay optimistic ~ just as one thing ends, it leaves room for something better to come along...

I'm not sure that's a fair hypo. Granted, if those are the ONLY two options, I'd prefer the former, but do we know the Braves won't make a different trade for Jones? Do we know that another team wouldn't put together an offer of mostly-prospects? I could be misreading the stories, but it sounds as though DD has targeted a package of players that includes ML talent. To me, that doesn't mean that a prospect-package is necessarily nonexistent.

EDIT: the "former" being making the trade, even though you didn't list it specifically. My reading comprehension sucks today.

The Braves offered JJ and Prada for Jones. Apparently DD countered by asking for two of Delgado, Tehran, Vizcaino, Beachy or Minor as well. As he should have. A trade of Jones for JJ, and Prado, would have the O's taking on 5-6 M in salary as well as giving up Jones, for two players we wouldn't control for more than two years. Talks stalled. Now they have resumed and are considered fluid. So perhaps one of Prado or JJ is coming back along with prospects. and maybe Andino is involved as well. I hope so. But since the Rox have just acquired Chad Tracey at UTIF I think a Prado trade to the Rox isn't happening. If the trade doesn't happen, our realitsic options are Maholm, Saunders or a trade for Floyd.

The Braves offered JJ and Prada for Jones. Apparently DD countered by asking for two of Delgado, Tehran, Vizcaino, Beachy or Minor as well. As he should have. A trade of Jones for JJ, and Prado, would have the O's taking on 5-6 M in salary as well as giving up Jones, for two players we wouldn't control for more than two years. Talks stalled. Now they have resumed and are considered fluid. So perhaps one of Prado or JJ is coming back along with prospects. and maybe Andino is involved as well. I hope so. But since the Rox have just acquired Chad Tracey at UTIF I think a Prado trade to the Rox isn't happening. If the trade doesn't happen, our realitsic options are Maholm, Saunders or a trade for Floyd.

Well, if Reimold+ would be the cost for Floyd, then I'd rather pursue that and hold onto AJ to see whether a better market opens up for him later this winter (or even towards the deadline next season).

Well, if Reimold+ would be the cost for Floyd, then I'd rather pursue that and hold onto AJ to see whether a better market opens up for him later this winter (or even towards the deadline next season).
I expect you would have to give up a SP like Bergy or Tillman along with Reimold, and look forward to watching Endy Chavez in LF. Personally I'd rather watch Endy in CF where at least he would be a defensive upgrade, Reimold in LF, have JJ in the rotation, Prado at 3B, and Delgado in Norfolk, along with, Matusz and Tillman.

What about this:

ATL gets: Adam Jones' date=' Andino, Seth Smith

COL gets: Prado, Reynolds, Carlos Perez

BAL gets: Jurrjens, Minor, Pomeranz

Thoughts?[/quote']

If Atlanta wants AJ, how did it get to a three-team nine-player deal?

I think Baltimore would be better served by trying to figure out the best possible return for Jones that's affordable for Atlanta and I hope that's what's going on. I also hope not too much time is being spent on abstract notions of "balance" or "fairness" which seems to be driving the escalation of complexity here.

Archived