I smell trades coming

Frobby

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think there is a deal to be made with the Braves that could really better the Orioles in 2012, but I doubt that the Braves would package Jurrjens, Prado, Salcedo/Spruill and La Stella in a deal for Jones.

I think 1) I'd be disappointed if we made that deal and 2) you've fallen into a classic trade trap. If we're dealing AJ, it's not to make us better in 2012. We could almost certainly sign EJax/Saunders and trade for a 3B like Collaspo and keep AJ and end up a better team in 2012.

It definitely seems like a pitcher or two could be traded away, but I keep thinking that DD might be able to get a good prospect (possibly more) by trading Reynolds. I really like the power Reynolds brings to the O's, but I feel like the O's would benefit long term by trading him. There are teams that could use some extra power (or power in general) in the lineup. There could also be playoff-caliber teams that plan to start younger guys at the corners, but might prefer more of known entity.

Does anybody else think DD could get something good back for Reynolds? If so, what teams could possibly be interested, and what are some realistic trade ideas?

Teams that could possibly be interested (IMO): Mariners, Indians, Dodgers, Others?

With DD getting close to finished with his international rotation project, I smell some trades coming. Don't ask me who, but I think Duquette will look to make some moves that improve the defense without any significant cost to the offense, maybe by parting with a young pitcher as part of a package.

That's not trades you smell Griz. Its sewer gasses from the friggin sewage treatment plant!

I wish I was as optimistic as Frobby.

With maybe a minor change here or there, I believe you're looking at your 2012 Baltimore Orioles, folks. Try not to upchuck all over the place.

I honestly hadn't even considered the possibility that the O's are done for the offseason. My head must be in the sand. I hope you're wrong.

Darvish will be signing soon. Cespedes will supposedly be establishing residency in the DR later this week. I'm sure the O's and Braves are still churning on some things.

Man, I hope we're not done.

Archived