Offer to Angels on the table

bigbird

• Replies 516
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is not the time to do a Tejada for Wood/Saunders type of deal. Wait till some of these better options come off the board and re-visit the Tejada market then. Certainly his value won't be lower and he could look a lot better to some of these teams.

This is not the time to do a Tejada for Wood/Saunders type of deal. Wait till some of these better options come off the board and re-visit the Tejada market then. Certainly his value won't be lower and he could look a lot better to some of these teams.

Not true...There are only so many teams that will be interested in Miggy...if they fill their holes without getting Tejada, he won't have anywhere to go.

What if the better options are off the board, and then all the teams who are interested either have filled their need or dealt the players we are targeting? Who do you think we can get back for Miggy alone that has more potential than Wood?

What if the better options are off the board, and then all the teams who are interested either have filled their need or dealt the players we are targeting? Who do you think we can get back for Miggy alone that has more potential than Wood?

Somebody will make room, trust me. It's like when I hear about a prospect being blocked somewhere. If you're a good enough prospect, they'll make room for you. Tejada's still a good enough player that somebody will make room for him and I doubt they'll get less than a #4-5 starter and a shortstop who struck out 120 times in 437 ab's in the minors last year.

Not true...There are only so many teams that will be interested in Miggy...if they fill their holes without getting Tejada, he won't have anywhere to go.

Well, we're assuming we wait till the better options are off the board, not ALL the options. The only better option I can really see is Cabrera, so basically just wait until he's signed and watch Tejada's value soar.

Well, we're assuming we wait till the better options are off the board, not ALL the options. The only better option I can really see is Cabrera, so basically just wait until he's signed and watch Tejada's value soar.

That's how YOU see it but neccassarily how other teams see it.

If they could be had for a lot less and their teams eat salaries, maybe Chavez and Rolen become more valuable than Miggy.

Jack Wilson is out there...Same premise as the other 2.

I agree with you that Tejada is the next best thin to MCab but that doesn't mean other teams will agree.

If the Angels agree to Wood and Saunders, we should be happy and move on to the next trade.

Somebody will make room, trust me. It's like when I hear about a prospect being blocked somewhere. If you're a good enough prospect, they'll make room for you. Tejada's still a good enough player that somebody will make room for him and I doubt they'll get less than a #4-5 starter and a shortstop who struck out 120 times in 437 ab's in the minors last year.

If the need isn't there, the value goes down. Sure, they'll make room. But they won't be as eager too. Wood is the #19 prospect in baseball according to milb.com. He struck out 120 times, but he also had an 835 OPS and has a career SLUG over 525. I think there are enough good about him that you don't need to only focus on the one hole in his game.

That isn't true. Eckstein is a bad defensive ss.

Who has the better arm? Tejada or Mora? Arod or Jeter? Ocab or Figgins? I don't like making "You're wrong" statements because most of this board is opinion and that's great and what it's here for. But in this case, you're wrong. SS requires a better arm; it's that simple.

I'm not saying which position requires a stronger arm, I'm saying I believe that 3B have the stronger arm more often than not. I like how your examples include no natural 3rd baseman. I can come up with a similiar list, but it's not worth it.

Archived