Guthrie traded to Rockies for Hammel & Lindstrom

Bazooka Jones

BTW...At this people should be pretty nervous when word is DD is about to make a trade. I mean I wasn't one jumping all over him for the Eveland and Teagarden trades but I understood why people were upset, especially in the case of the Eveland trade. This one bothers me. It's getting progressively worse.

Yeah there was a big difference in trading some minor league pieces that were probably never going to make the majors versus trading our best pitcher for a similar return. It's not even like he saved salary, they are making the same thing Guthrie did. I really feel like it's a punishment move, and they are like good luck helping your value pitching in COL this season going into FA.

• Replies 622
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Guthrie last 3 years:

1.31 WHIP

4.39 ERA

617 1/3 IP

98 ERA+

Jason Hammel last 3 years:

1.403 WHIP

4.63 ERA

524 2/3 IP

100 ERA+

The only real redeeming thing about Hammel is that he produced his best numbers on the road away from Coors: 4.28 ERA, 1.341 WHIP, 715 OPS against,

Don't like this trade at all. I think I want to puke.

I'm a Guthrie fan. never understood much of their handling of him. If this trade happens as stated, I'll be unhappy with it.

Can you elaborate on this?? He was given the ball every 5 days, was considered the team's #1 pitcher, gave the team a number of innings each year. How was he misused?

We have such a good fan base, it isn't fair.

Two weeks ago the Ravens, otherwise known as Lee friggin Evans, ripped my heart out.

Yesterday, just as I was starting the healing process, the Super Bowl brought my heart out of the freezer and started poking needles into it.

Today, the Orioles have set it on fire!

Every time I think this organization can't make any more dumb moves, they prove me wrong. I can't wait to see SG's reaction to this trade.

Can you elaborate on this?? He was given the ball every 5 days, was considered the team's #1 pitcher, gave the team a number of innings each year. How was he misused?

Apparently these was some bonus money that was part of his original contract. That bonus had expired and so the next year when his Arbitration was due, the O''s cut his salary because the bonus was no longer in effect. Now, I don't fault the O's for this in general, but the fact that it appeared to come out of the blue to Guthrie (IE no communication) I thought was low class.

There have been a few other little things like this.

Archived