KBO sends letter to MLB, accuses the Orioles of breaking protocols

ChaosLex

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good for them. They've now banned the only team in Major League Baseball that cares even a little bit about players in the KBO. It's a good thing they don't allow the players to organize. If I played in the KBO, I'd be mightily pissed if the league banned the only team that had an interest in ever signing me.

Good for them. They've now banned the only team in Major League Baseball that cares even a little bit about players in the KBO. It's a good thing they don't allow the players to organize. If I played in the KBO, I'd be mightily pissed if the league banned the only team that had an interest in ever signing me.

There have been thirteen MLB players born in South Korea, and none of them have ever played for the Orioles.

There have been thirteen MLB players born in South Korea, and none of them have ever played for the Orioles.

Thirteen? Out of how many thousands that players that have been in MLB? Clearly this is an under developed market. If I was a Korean player, I'd want every team possible scouting me. Duquette was making that market a priority now, in the present. What we did there in the past doesn't matter to the players there today.

This hurts the players in the KBO far more than it hurts the Orioles. No excuses. The O's FO should have researched any rules in place for recruiting or signing players from Korea. But, it's not like supposedly well run organizations like the Angles haven't made this mistake in the recent past. A new market for a new staff that was just getting up and running. More worried about the assessment of the kid's skills than I am that they made a procedural mistake.

Looks like the O's are still in on him. Good for Kim at least.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/orioles/blog/bal-orioles-still-plan-on-signing-south-korean-17yearold-kim-20120322,0,2977584.story?track=rss&utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

The Orioles are still waiting for clearance to be able to follow proper protocols to sign Kim, and once the team receives permission it will pursue another contract with Kim.

Archived