KBO sends letter to MLB, accuses the Orioles of breaking protocols

ChaosLex

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Never dealt with Koreans have you?

They are stuck between two powers and they are real touchy about national pride issues.

It's just so pointless. They're not saving face by making the kid wait 30 days to have his contract approved. All you're doing is waiting 30 days. It has no effect on anything at all. I understand why MLB would agree to do it if it makes the Koreans happy, but it's stupid for the Koreans to actually be glad to get that in as part of our "punishment". It serves no purpose whatsoever.

I think he is

Toast.gif

Hah...this.

Not to derail the thread, but I recall Dunn giving a relatively unrepentant interview this winter, and I also recall his saying that he didn't really change his offseason routine. I think he's finished as a legitimate threat...though Lord knows the Sox are going to try to get some mileage out of him.

It's just so pointless. They're not saving face by making the kid wait 30 days to have his contract approved. All you're doing is waiting 30 days. It has no effect on anything at all. I understand why MLB would agree to do it if it makes the Koreans happy, but it's stupid for the Koreans to actually be glad to get that in as part of our "punishment". It serves no purpose whatsoever.

It is a rather different culture. It is a national pride issue.

Hah...this.

Not to derail the thread, but I recall Dunn giving a relatively unrepentant interview this winter, and I also recall his saying that he didn't really change his offseason routine. I think he's finished as a legitimate threat...though Lord knows the Sox are going to try to get some mileage out of him.

I don't think the DH role fit him. If he played the field, he might have been more effective. I think he'll better this year than last but not at 2010 level.

• 1 month later...

BUMP.

Guii Stadium has posted a sign outside their stadium that reads: "This stadium is off-limits to scouts from Baltimore Orioles." I just saw the picture on Twitter.

Wonder how long they're going to keep up this stupid crap for?

BUMP.

Guii Stadium has posted a sign outside their stadium that reads: "This stadium is off-limits to scouts from Baltimore Orioles." I just saw the picture on Twitter.

Someone said in perpetuity. But that could be until we pay a big enough respect bonus to an official.

BUMP.

That's just embarrassing from all parts. It's embarrassing that Duquette's administration didn't know the protocols involved and it's embarrassing that the KBO is acting like 10-year old girl who just put a note on her door telling her parents they can't come in.

BUMP.

http://hardballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/03/19/the-koreans-are-really-serious-about-keeping-the-orioles-out/

orioles-sign.jpg

Kind of hilarious.

Archived