KBO sends letter to MLB, accuses the Orioles of breaking protocols

ChaosLex

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well, here's a pretty scathing column by Jon Bernhardt:

http://theclassical.org/articles/the-loss-leaders-part-one

Very scathing but frankly I like the fact he isnt afraid to sign these guys. The McPhail types never even bother.

Have not most fans *****ed for years about our foreign scouting? Cant have our cake and eat it too. Or cant have our prospects and not pay out the dough.

People are stillwriting articles about this?? This is the type of stuff you write about when there's nothing else going on. Its breaking baseball season and Os are killing it.

Yeah I don't understand the timing. If you are a "freelance" baseball journalist you write this article a month or more ago.

depressing article. seems dan didn't sign anyone substantial outside of the US during his time in Boston. And his first round drafting record was awful.

He signed Hanley Ramirez. I really don't know how you can get much more substantial than that.

Edit:

Also Jorge De la Rosa and Anibal Sanchez to name a few more

• 1 month later...

Bump....whatever happened with Seong-Min Kim, anyway? There was some discussion that the O's would have to wait 30 days after his contract was voided, and then could sign him. Did that ever happen? I'm assuming it didn't.

Bump .... whatever happened with Seong-Min Kim, anyway? There was some discussion that the O's would have to wait 30 days after his contract was voided, and then could sign him. Did that ever happen? I'm assuming it didn't.

I don't know Frank, but aren't we breaking protocol again by being in first place in the division, and beating the Red Sox 6 out of 9 times so far this season ??? :laughlol:

Bump....whatever happened with Seong-Min Kim, anyway? There was some discussion that the O's would have to wait 30 days after his contract was voided, and then could sign him. Did that ever happen? I'm assuming it didn't.

Have not heard.

My guess is that the poor kid is over there in Korea, unable to play ball in his birth country and without an offer from the States.

Archived