Options left for all members of the 40-man roster

Oldorioles

I agree, because he can play CF competently.

But finding a comparable defensive player with more options isn't that difficult.

There currently isn't anybody else in the Oriole system to step in and provide what Lough does.

Lough is a backup OF, and if you look at his 2nd half numbers, when healthy, plays well above replacement level WAR.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply
There currently isn't anybody else in the Oriole system to step in and provide what Lough does.

Lough is a backup OF, and if you look at his 2nd half numbers, when healthy, plays well above replacement level WAR.

I won't be surprised if they grind out a Lough replacement from the rule 5 draft. :)

But sticking with Lough isn't a bad option.

Having option applies mainly to relievers. I don't see lough losing out to a guy with options just so we can rotate back up OF'ers to sit for games at a time. Matusz is gone. So Mac is the second lefty as needed. So there is already one spot to play with in the pen. Britton oday hunter brach are the only locks as of now. I like Webb in the regular season.

You forgot the sixth starter who will be in the pen. Though I agree Matusz is on the bubble, its not certain that McFarland replaces him. Mac tends to give up too many hits per inning and a high WHIP which is not good for a situational lefty. Mac's options may see him in the minors waiting for an injury.

• 2 months later...

Archived