Here's our first little tidbit from the meetings

bej6789

Putting two and two together from MLBtraderumors, the Dodgers are agressively pursuing Kuroda who isn't expected to make a decision on where he wants to play until after the Winter Meetings, so the Dodgers might wait to see what happens there before turning to Bedard...

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Putting two and two together from MLBtraderumors, the Dodgers are agressively pursuing Kuroda who isn't expected to make a decision on where he wants to play until after the Winter Meetings, so the Dodgers might wait to see what happens there before turning to Bedard...

Lots of talk about this on the Dodgers board but I think he is gonna get way overpaid and will end up in Seattle.

Lots of talk about this on the Dodgers board but I think he is gonna get way overpaid and will end up in Seattle.

Which Japanse pitchers with big reputations have not been underwhelming upon coming to the majors? Nomo is the only one I can think of. Why teams continue to be infatuated with these guys to the point of giving them astronomical contracts is beyond me.

according to mlbtraderumors, LAD is interested in signing Andruw Jones and has offered him a two year deal.

It also says they're interested in gettin Blalock for 3b because they dont have faith in Nomaaa or Laroche.

Hmm maybe Jones frees up Kemp to be traded? Or we could include Miggy or Mora in a Bedard deal to play 3b for them and get Laroche

Which Japanse pitchers with big reputations have not been underwhelming upon coming to the majors? Nomo is the only one I can think of. Why teams continue to be infatuated with these guys to the point of giving them astronomical contracts is beyond me.

Takashi Saito?

Hideki Okajima?

Akinori Otsuka?

Shigetoshi Hasegawa?

-m

Daisuke Matsuzaka?

I thikn Dicek did pretty well in his first MLB season.

But other than that I would agree with you, far more below average then above average.

There is talk of a 4/44 contract already being offered.

according to mlbtraderumors, LAD is interested in signing Andruw Jones and has offered him a two year deal.

It also says they're interested in gettin Blalock for 3b because they dont have faith in Nomaaa or Laroche.

Hmm maybe Jones frees up Kemp to be traded? Or we could include Miggy or Mora in a Bedard deal to play 3b for them and get Laroche

Unfortunately acquiring Jones would make Juan Pierre the odd man out I would think? Unless they move him to a corner and trade one of Either/Kemp. I hope it means the latter.

Regardless Pierre has 4 years left on his contract.

Unfortunately acquiring Jones would make Juan Pierre the odd man out I would think? Unless they move him to a corner and trade one of Either/Kemp. I hope it means the latter.

Yea this probably means Pierre is going to be sent packing but a man can dream cant he...

Looks like the Dodgers offered 2yr/$32 I doubt Jones signs for 2 yrs.

Dodgers fans seem almost eagar to give us Ethier and not Kemp. They are truely sold on Kemp.

Yea this probably means Pierre is going to be sent packing but a man can dream cant he...

Oh yeah, I wish it means Kemp and/or Either are in Baltimore if they sign Jones.

It would be best for them to keep Pierre anyway as he still has great speed and should be in the lead off spot.

Dodgers fans seem almost eagar to give us Ethier and not Kemp. They are truely sold on Kemp.

Can you blame them?

He has what Pelfry has. If you watch Kemp play, and have watched him through his minior league development, you know how good he will be. The same is true for Pelfry. I know Pelfry will be good, despite what his stats might show. Same thing I though with Maine, hate to bring it up, but just saying.

Oh my, sense over stats...I sound like one of those looney Luis Hernandez supporters. :D

Takashi Saito?

Hideki Okajima?

Akinori Otsuka?

Shigetoshi Hasegawa?

-m

A few of these guys only had a couple good seasons. Also, a lot of these guys had initial success while hitters were trying to figure them out, and then faded soon after. I was also thinking more of starters. And Matsuzaka's season was pretty average. He got knocked around a lot in the second half once hitters started figuring him out.

But regardless, I think we all agree that the frequency with which teams sign these guys to huge contracts is somewhat absurd.

Can you blame them?

He has what Pelfry has. If you watch Kemp play, and have watched him through his minior league development, you know how good he will be. The same is true for Pelfry. I know Pelfry will be good, despite what his stats might show. Same thing I though with Maine, hate to bring it up, but just saying.

Oh my, sense over stats...I sound like one of those looney Luis Hernandez supporters. :D

I want Kemp but I dont think they are going to move him. I also dont think they will move Kershaw or Billingsley (maybe).

You could see Ethier/LaRoche/McDonald.

Is that enough? All three would start for us next year.

Archived