Here's our first little tidbit from the meetings

bej6789

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Not only are some teams focusing in other directions, but my impression is that MacPhail's asking prices have been very aggressive.

So far, he's been doing everything correct. He should be asking for the moon because there's not been any sort of deadline so to say. Now, however, is a deadline of sorts. Yes, the O's could hold onto Bedard and Tejada as Bedard could maybe be traded for more in July and Tejada could have a .320/30/120 season and bring back a lot but AM has a lot hedging on the next 3 days. The O's finally have gotten back some perceived credibility with his hiring and to come back from Nashville with only a minor deal or less would be horrid for this organization. I'm hoping for the best but know better.

So far, he's been doing everything correct. He should be asking for the moon because there's not been any sort of deadline so to say. Now, however, is a deadline of sorts. Yes, the O's could hold onto Bedard and Tejada as Bedard could maybe be traded for more in July and Tejada could have a .320/30/120 season and bring back a lot but AM has a lot hedging on the next 3 days. The O's finally have gotten back some perceived credibility with his hiring and to come back from Nashville with only a minor deal or less would be horrid for this organization. I'm hoping for the best but know better.

Yeah, I'll be worthless at work tomorrow.

Not that I'm ever really all that productive...

Yeah, I'll be worthless at work tomorrow.

Not that I'm ever really all that productive...

And I can vouch for that. (For everyone else, we work together). I think I might see how long I can hold off visiting OH but know I'll cave in when I pass by your desk and see how much you're fidgeting :D

And I can vouch for that. (For everyone else, we work together). I think I might see how long I can hold off visiting OH but know I'll cave in when I pass by your desk and see how much you're fidgeting :D

It's called "multi-tasking!!!!" I figured you'd have that down by now...

Off to bed, gotta watch the Ravens get mercilessly pounded all night tomorrow.

Here's some new stuff from Jayson Stark.

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/hotstove07/columns/story?columnist=stark_jayson&id=3138769

It appears that it's going to take a lot of convincing to get him to part with Tejada, Bedard, et al.

That exec. who Stark quotes sounds like someone who's been burned by Angelos in the past, more so than someone who's approached the Orioles with this current regime. I'm not so worried.

I'd be happy to trade anyone on our roster not named Markakis, Loewen, Guthrie, or Roberts.

Seriously.

Millar likes Boston so much? Trade him to the Sox for a bag of Chips and a six-pack.

Gibbons can drive him there.

Here's some new stuff from Jayson Stark.

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/hotstove07/columns/story?columnist=stark_jayson&id=3138769

It appears that it's going to take a lot of convincing to get him to part with Tejada, Bedard, et al.

Well should we be asking more for Bedard then the Twins are for Santana? I think they are 2 totaly different situations.

4 top guys is most likely to much but 3 is certainly the number!

Archived