The 2012 Jim Palmer Quotables Thread

Moose Milligan

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply
did anyone hear the LL Cool J quote? dont know it directly but it was something about 'pant leg rolled up'

Don't know about about that quote, but Gary did say ladies love cool jams. I'm floored Thorne knew that, off the top of his head.

Don't know about about that quote, but Gary did say ladies love cool jams. I'm floored Thorne knew that, off the top of his head.

Gary goes Clubbing. He's like an MC or DJ anyway. I am certain that he can rap.

I don't think I'm doing this justice, but my fuzzy memory from last night...

Palmer said he was talking to Podsednik who said his mother looks so young that people often think she's his sister. Palmer said something to Podsednik to the effect of, "when can I meet her?" Thorne then said, "You know we're on the air, right?" and Palmer replies, "I'm just kidding. I'm a happily married man."

Well played, Jim.

I don't know how anyone can not like Palmer. He's hilarious. As mentioned earlier in the thread my favorite Palmer quote was when he was talking about landing the #1 overall pick in the draft, and how it's great but not exactly where you want to be. He pulled a Charlie Sheen and said something to to the tune of "Well yea I don't think anyone who gets the #1 pick says to themself, Winning! Duh!". I nearly fell to the floor.

I don't think I'm doing this justice, but my fuzzy memory from last night...

Palmer said he was talking to Podsednik who said his mother looks so young that people often think she's his sister. Palmer said something to Podsednik to the effect of, "when can I meet her?" Thorne then said, "You know we're on the air, right?" and Palmer replies, "I'm just kidding. I'm a happily married man."

Well played, Jim.

I believe he asked "Is she single?" Had me cackling.

Bottom of the 9th, with Jim Johnson seemingly in command, Palmer remarked about the Bosox fans: "They're clapping a lot now--I don't know what about." Unfortunately, they did get something to cheer about a few pitches later.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived