Tommy Hunter Tonight

OFFNY

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Your starter only gives up two runs and pitches into the 6th and you should win the game most nights. I've been one of his harsher critics, but this one's on the offense.

Absolutely. If the offense scores three runs, we're flipping cartwheels over Hunter's performance.

Buck pulled Hunter at the right time tonight, BTW.

Must be that mid-summer flu going through the batters again or something. I don't know; I'm just trying to make up excuses for them. I mean, they're all millionaires, it's not like they can afford vaccinations or Tamaflu or anything. They just have to tough it out, and go 0 for 22 with runners in scoring position meanwhile.

Yeah, that's it.

For a pitcher that we don't expect all that much out of, Tommy is giving us every bit of effort he's got. The outcome of this game makes a mockery of our offense. It makes a mockery of a solid outing by Tommy and a scoreless 3 1/3 innings by the bullpen. Absolutely ridiculous. Goose egg runs? Really, guys?

Absolutely. If the offense scores three runs, we're flipping cartwheels over Hunter's performance.

Buck pulled Hunter at the right time tonight, BTW.

This isn't an attempt to slight Tommy Hunter, but anytime after the last out of the 5th inning is the right time to pull Tommy Hunter. I've been saying it all year, and the numbers support it: Tommy is good for 4-5 IP but Buck almost always leaves him in too long, in large part due to the fact that his pitch count is always low through said 4-5 IP.

If I was an NL GM I would look to aquire Hunter. He competes and throws strikes. Put him in the lesser league and in bigger parks I think he could be solid. He was solid tonight but I still don't like his chances in the AL East long-term.

If I was an NL GM I would look to aquire Hunter. He competes and throws strikes. Put him in the lesser league and in bigger parks I think he could be solid. He was solid tonight but I still don't like his chances in the AL East long-term.

Good observation. If he locates like he has since he's returned and gets to face the pitcher once through the order I could see him settling in nicely to a NL rotation.

Archived