Andino yelling at the Yankees after the game

malkusm

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey, don't look now but Bob Dino is hitting the ball very nicely so far this year, even if it is only the first week. I'm officially a huge fan of his. Gotta love a guy who gets an opportunity and grabs it. If he gets hit tomorrow, I expect to see some fireworks.

Hey, don't look now but Bob Dino is hitting the ball very nicely so far this year, even if it is only the first week. I'm officially a huge fan of his. Gotta love a guy who gets an opportunity and grabs it. If he gets hit tomorrow, I expect to see some fireworks.

Man I wish I could watch it!

So Russell Martin is upset that Andino was tipping Rivera's pitch location in the 9th inning? Instead of getting angry at Andino for doing his job, he should have got off his lazy ass and had a conference with his pitcher. Instead of yelling at Andino, Girardi should have gotten on Martin. Iincredible.

So Russell Martin is upset that Andino was tipping Rivera's pitch location in the 9th inning? Instead of getting angry at Andino for doing his job, he should have got off his lazy ass and had a conference with his pitcher. Instead of yelling at Andino, Girardi should have gotten on Martin. Iincredible.

Two pieces of work, huh!

:rolleyestf:

I think the Yankees are picking on the wrong guy if they want to start something. I have read about Andino having a difficult past growing up in a neighborhood with gangs in Florida a few years ago and a recent story by Brittany. Wrong guy to go after. I like him as well but not the guy you want to start something with. Girardi just wants to fire up his millionaire players a little bit after getting swept in Tampa. I am going to Wednesday nights game with Arrieta pitching against Sabathia. If Girardi is going to do something it will not be with Sabathia his best pitcher on the mound. He'll ask Garcia to do something tonight or one of his guys in the pen. With a lot of Asian media in attendance tonight to see Chen's debut NY will not look very professional to them if they do something with Chen pitching his first game. Girardi may wait until we go to NY the first week in May to do something stupid. With the Mets off to a nice start they will be fighting for the back page on the Post. Did you notice as MASN was finishing up from the field immediately after the game had ended they showed Markakis standing in the dugout looking out at the field with a worried look? I wondered why he wasn't leaving the dugout with the other players. Now we know why.

The following is an excerpt from a recent story written by Brittany Ghiroli;

By Brittany Ghiroli / MLB.com | 04/03/12 2:00 PM ET

SARASOTA, Fla. -- Where Robert Andino is from, you don't go back for high school reunions or drop in to see your old Little League coach. The Orioles infielder, born and raised in South Miami Heights, can't pinpoint how many of his friends are deceased -- at least two have been murdered, including one this offseason. The last Andino heard, his childhood best friend had turned to theft, which along with drugs is one of the most popular routes in that neighborhood for a young male to get by.

Baseball has given Andino a one-way ticket out, an opportunity to raise his family without five locks on the front door and metal bars on the windows. It has afforded him the luxury of parking his car without fear of it being burglarized and thrown into a river, of sending his children to school with lunch money and jackets without worry of them being jumped by a local gang.

Hey Martin, Andino has a sign for you:

............../??/)

............./?..//

............/....//

....../??/'...'/???')?

.../'/.../..../......./??\

.('(...?...?.... ?~/'...')

..\.................'....../

...'\................ _.??

.....\...............(

......\...............\

If true, then Girardi's a bigger ass than I give him credit for. As a catcher, he knows that you mix up your signals when a runner is on second. If they got lazy and Andino was tipping, that's on them.

BTW, how do you tip off Rivera? It's cutter, cutter, cutter.

1. I can't believe that anyone would go to bat thinking anything OTHER than cutter against Mariano (who I predict has his poorest year of his career this year and promptly retires at year's end).

2. Joe Girardi is one of the biggest TOOL managers in baseball...who couldn't manage this team? He's been handed the keys to a Lamborghini and he acts like he shouldn't have to be on the road with the Chevrolet Chevettes of the world....he can suck it!

3. I hope they throw at us tomorrow and we throw back. We need to heat this former heated rivalry up a bit. I hope Chen comes back and blasts A-rod in his 80-year-old steroid induced deteriorating hip!

4. I really hope that Andino's bat comes around to match his determination, his fire, and his ability in the field, because if it does, I will own a #11 jersey no doubt! He's a SOB...he's like Stone Cold Steve Austin out there...he doesn't care who doesn't like him if they play on the opposite team, and that's the way it should be...none of this "buddy-buddy BS" I see all the time. (one of the disadvantages of free agency in my opinion)

5. Where is Alan Mills when you need him???

GOD I HATE THE MF'inYs!!!!!!

Andino reminds me of Gary Sheffield. He bears a slight resemblance, wears No. 11, plays aggressively, and doesn't take crap from anyone. Too bad he doesn't hit like him. But from now on, I'm calling him lil' Sheff.

Do you mean the Gary Sheffield who never touched PED's? Hmmm....I struggle to think that Gary Sheffield would not have hit like 'Gary Sheffield' had he not been Barry Bonds nephew or whoever he was and was on the "Barry Bond's 'P90X' workout regimine".

I'd just like Andino to hit .260+ get on base about 38% of the time, be a good situational hitter and slap the ball to right field when guys are on 1B, and field a good 2B...it'll soften the Brian Robert-less blow.

Archived