Ongoing Lineup Thread, 2012

OFFNY

Good job by the offense last night.

Today's game is 21 hours after last night's start, and tomorrow is 21 hours after today's start. I'm wondering if Wieters gets one of the two days off from catching if Buck will keep him in the lineup as a DH because his bat has been so hot overall. Matt has only struck out 3 times in 29 plate appearances this season after walking 2 more times last night.

• Replies 961
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Poor decision by Buck. If Wieters is going to sit a game this weekend, as Buck has said he would, then he should be catching Matusz.

Is Matusz too fragile to work with another catcher?

After tomorrow's game, they have a flight. If the plan is to give Wieters rest, then you do it on the getaway day. (once you factor in that there are two righties)

Now I read that Flaherty is going to start this weekend. I wouldn't couple him with Paulino in the same lineup.

vs. BLUE JAYS 4/15

ORIOLES

Endy Chavez - LF

Nick Johnson - DH

Nick Markakis - RF

Adam Jones - CF

Wilson Betemit - 3B

Chris Davis - 1B

Ronny Paulino - C

Ryan Flaherty - 2B

Robert Andino - SS

Brian Matusz - LHP (0-1, 9.00 ERA)

Choosing to pitch Matusz against the Yankees instead of the Twins. Making sure that Sunday falls on the 9th game of the season so that the B-team is playing. The conspiracy theorist in me says that Showalter wants Matusz to fail convincingly, or prove that he belongs. It's an old Mr. Miyagi technique: Walk Left side road, ok. Walk right side road, ok. Walk middle of road -- squish like grape. Showalter is fixing things so that Matusz either steps up, or the decision to demote him is simpler. I also heard that Matusz doesn't even know how to speak Canadian. If he'd pitched in the 5-spot against the Yankees instead of the 4-slot, the language problem wouldn't even be an issue as he wouldn't have pitched in this series.

vs. WHITE SOX 4/16

ORIOLES

Endy Chavez - LF

J.J. Hardy - SS

Nick Markakis - RF

Adam Jones - CF

Matt Wieters - C

Nick Johnson - DH

Mark Reynolds - 3B

Chris Davis - 1B

Robert Andino - 2B

Jake Arrieta (1-0, 2.78 ERA)

Reimold must still be sore?

Per Roch - Twitter

Roch Kubatko ‏ @masnRoch

Reply RetweetedRetweet Delete FavoritedFavorite ? Close Open Details

Reimold said he's available to play. Had some cramping in left leg. Says feels a lot better but Buck giving him another day

Archived