2012 Washington Nationals Thread

NewMarketSean

So, about those Nationals....20 games above .500...tied for the best record in baseball...their offense is scoring runs, their pitching is still lights out...this is a legit World Series contender. I am going to the game on Tuesday. Screw the Phillies!

I'll be there too for a company event. Atlanta's hanging tough, but the Nats will pull away in August. Even after shutting Strasburg down, how many teams have the starting pitching as good as Gonzalez, Zimmermann, Jackson, and Detwiler. Their offense is picking it up with a healthy Zimmerman and Morse, and they should be getting Werth and Desmond back. They are in a great position for a WS run.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It's a nice stadium. It lacks the localized flair that OPACY and PNC and other stadiums have since it's basically been plopped down into an industrial park with no views of the monuments or the Capitol, but it is a nice stadium and the team is exciting. I don't get all the Nats hate from O's fans. Both teams are playing well. Enjoy it. It's great for the Baltimore/DC area.

I don't get it either. I don't classify myself as a Nats fan and I'll never have a passion for the Nats the way I do the Orioles but I'm rooting for them. I plan on catching a playoff game at Nats Park later this year.

It's a nice stadium. It lacks the localized flair that OPACY and PNC and other stadiums have since it's basically been plopped down into an industrial park with no views of the monuments or the Capitol, but it is a nice stadium and the team is exciting. I don't get all the Nats hate from O's fans. Both teams are playing well. Enjoy it. It's great for the Baltimore/DC area.

Well inside the park has Ben's Chili Bowl and Hard Times Cafe which are local institutions. I think you can get Jumbo Slice pizza there, too. I do believe the plan is to spruce up the area around the park, much like the Inner Harbor area in Baltimore.

As far as scenic views, it's not like OPACY has some great views either. There used to be the Bromo Seltzer which has been blocked by that hotel building, but that's about it. Plus you go to a game to watch the game, not for a view.

I don't get all the Nats hate from O's fans, either. I suppose it has to do with Baltmore's inferiority complex.

The warehouse is all the view you need, really. The downtown view was nice, but I do agree that the hotel has ruined it.

The Nats stadium is nice, I agree and I do like the local food they have there. It would be so much cooler to have the Capitol within view of CF though. However, the way stadiums are built and designed I guess that couldn't happen where the stadium is located.

Didn't Johnson just say they aren't going to tinker with Strasburg? Does that mean they wont shut him down?

They should just pull him earlier in blowout wins.

I took that to mean that they wouldn't shorten his starts or have him go on longer rest. I still think they'll shut him down in early Sept.

I'll be there too for a company event. .

Hey, me too! I'll be there for an Oracle event. Getting to watch from one of the corporate suites, so it should be a blast.

I expect the Nats to win the division, but I'm just not sure how far they can go without Strasburg. With him I think they can get to the WS. Without him I kind doubt it. Kind of a tough situation. I applaud Rizzo for doing what is best for Stephen if they do shut him down.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived