How far is Miggy from a call up?

wildcard

Tejada has gotten off to a good start at Norfolk 381/440/381/821 with 4 RBI in 6 games. He has not committed an error. Can anyone give us a report on how he looks?

Tolleson is being platooned against lefties and hitting well. Betemit is playing 3B versus righties. However Betemit is also playing 1B, DHed and played the left field before Avery was called up. Avery's bat is cooling down.

I am just wondering if Miggy is the next man up at this point.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Tejada has gotten off to a good start at Norfolk 381/440/381/821 with 4 RBI in 6 games. He has not committed an error. Can anyone give us a report on how he looks?

Tolleson is being platooned against lefties and hitting well. Betemit is playing 3B versus righties. However Betemit is also playing 1B, DHed and played the left field before Avery was called up. Avery's bat is cooling down.

I am just wondering if Miggy is the next man up at this point.

Still no power. I don't see him as a solution.

I assume he's on the 40-man? Could be a good guy to have as a pinch hitter or defensive replacement in September, if we're contending then. Otherwise, I don't see how he solves the 3B problem better than Steve Tolleson.

I assume he's on the 40-man? Could be a good guy to have as a pinch hitter or defensive replacement in September, if we're contending then. Otherwise, I don't see how he solves the 3B problem better than Steve Tolleson.

Miggi is not on the 40 man. The O's would have to purchase his contract and DFA someone, or move someone to the 60 day DL.

There are only 38 on the 40 man roster according to Orioles.com. One of those was DFAing Hall.

Avery is not hitting right now. The O's are carrying 13 pitchers. That will not last. Pomeranz' option may get used again.

There are only 38 on the 40 man roster according to Orioles.com. One of those was DFAing Hall.

Avery is not hitting right now. The O's are carrying 13 pitchers. That will not last. Pomeranz' option may get used again.

By right now do you mean the last 3 G? And who are you playing in LF instead, Flaherty?

I would give Miggy (or Miggi, if you'd prefer) some more time in the minors. 6 games barely means more than 0.

With Reynolds about to come back (like him or not) I think that hinders Miggy's changes any time soon.

I would give Miggy (or Miggi, if you'd prefer) some more time in the minors. 6 games barely means more than 0.

With Reynolds about to come back (like him or not) I think that hinders Miggy's changes any time soon.

Reynolds is the RH DH bat and part time 1B. Just don't let him near 3B. As long as Tolleson hits, I think Miggi is in Norfolk.

Wasn't one of the hindsight knocks on Tejada was that his "go get 'em" act hid something of a clubhouse cancer nature, in that his act wore very thin very fast for some of his teammates? Do we want what seems to be a really tight group of guys right now having the apple cart upset? Or will this be a lesser concern since he's not being asked to be a team leader anymore (either directly or him inferring it through circumstance)? Or am I imagining that complaint completely?

That slugging percentage is telling (all singles). If this was around the time Reynolds was going to the DL I'd say 'sure'. I think we know now that Tolleson is the better player, and he's about to be sent down.

I'm cool with having a former MVP in the minors though if all else fails. It will be interesting to see how long he is willing to stay there.

That slugging percentage is telling (all singles). If this was around the time Reynolds was going to the DL I'd say 'sure'. I think we know now that Tolleson is the better player, and he's about to be sent down.

I'm cool with having a former MVP in the minors though if all else fails. It will be interesting to see how long he is willing to stay there.

Our biggest problem with 3B is defense, not the bat. I suspect that if Tolleson/Flaherty had been playing 3B yesterday, Hosmer would have been thrown out at 2B, and we would have won the game.

This sounds about right. Miggy is depth, nothing is imminent.

Our biggest problem with 3B is defense, not the bat. I suspect that if Tolleson/Flaherty had been playing 3B yesterday, Hosmer would have been thrown out at 2B, and we would have won the game.

You honestly think a good 3B (even Wright or Longoria) would have picked up that bunt? I don't. I think it was just unlucky all the way... you have to leave that thing and hope it runs foul.

Archived