How far is Miggy from a call up?

wildcard

I always liked the way he'd shake his bat at the P... and the way he'd chew himself out walking back to the dugout when he didn't get a hit... I know he's too old, just a spare part waiting for an unlikely chance, but I really do like the guy...almost as much as CLB

Being an Atlanta "fan" also, did you get to see him play for the SFG last year?

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

With the team falling apart and not scoring runs Tejada (hitting .339 with a .406 OBP) might appear in Boston tomorrow night. If my memory is correct I believe Tejada always hit pretty well in Fenway. I would rather run him out there than Betemit or Nick Johnson right now. Even if he is hitting singles. I believe Lester is pitching tomorrow night and we need as many right handed hitters in the lineup as possible. Betemit can't do anything but strikeout batting right handed so I would sit him or try to trade him. While we are at it bring Lew Ford another right handed hitter up with him. He's hitting .389 with a .443 OBP and 4 steals already in 18 games.

With the team falling apart and not scoring runs Tejada (hitting .339 with a .406 OBP) might appear in Boston tomorrow night. If my memory is correct I believe Tejada always hit pretty well in Fenway. I would rather run him out there than Betemit or Nick Johnson right now. Even if he is hitting singles. I believe Lester is pitching tomorrow night and we need as many right handed hitters in the lineup as possible. Betemit can't do anything but strikeout batting right handed so I would sit him or try to trade him. While we are at it bring Lew Ford another right handed hitter up with him. He's hitting .389 with a .443 OBP and 4 steals already in 18 games.

So we know, with almost absolute certainty, that Lew Ford and Miguel Tejada will not hit .339 nor .389 in the majors. At their advanced ages it's pretty likely they won't hit their MLB averages of .285 or .272. So... adding a couple of guys in their late 30s to hit a very empty .240 or .260 isn't really going to help much. Betemit's career .680 OPS against lefties seems pretty good compared to what I expect out of Miggy.

There is a chance he is in Boston today. We will hear if this is just a rumor later today. It may well be.

Weams, the difficult part of promoting Miggy or Ford is who gets replaced on the 25 man roster. Tolleson hits lefties at a 900 OPS pace. There are unlikely to send Flaherty back. Johnson would have to be traded. I can't see them releasing a guy that hit as well as Johnson did in May. Who goes?.

Remember, BRob is only about a week away for ending his rehab and will need space on both the 25 and 40 man rosters.

The 40 man roster is not at hard. Reimold and/or Britton can go on the 60 day DL and/or Adams could be DFA'd.

Weams, the difficult part of promoting Miggy or Ford is who gets replaced on the 25 man roster. Tolleson hits lefties at a 900 OPS pace. There are unlikely to send Flaherty back. Johnson would have to be traded. I can't see them releasing a guy that hit as well as Johnson did in May. Who goes?.

Remember, BRob is only about a week away for ending his rehab and will need space on both the 25 and 40 man rosters.

The 40 man roster is not at hard. Reimold and/or Britton can go on the 60 day DL and/or Adams could be DFA'd.

They could always get rid of Pearce.

And to say Tolleson hits lefties at a 900 OPS pace is, well, let's say premature. He's 15-for-44 against lefties in his MLB career. In the minors he had some fairly pronounced splits, but nothing to indicate a .700-ish OPS guy is going to have a .900+ against lefties. Truthfully, I'd much rather have Tolleson than Tejada or Ford despite the mirage of his .900 OPS against southpaws.

Being an Atlanta "fan" also, did you get to see him play for the SFG last year?

Nah... I used to work in ATL which made going to games a whole lot easier... (a former student was usher in the behind-the-plate section, he'd let me sit in any empty seat except those that belonged to Aaron and Schuerholz, he'd get chewed out if they saw a stranger in their seats on TV)... but for the last bunch o'years it's been a 5.5 hr drive to ATL... access to O's TV has made the Braves way less important to me than they used to be...

Would love to see Miggy back up, even if it's just watching him hit singles 3 times out of every 10 at bats. It's better than most of the alternatives we have in the lineup now.

More importantly, has anyone heard the latest on Reimold's diaper rash?

Roch Kubatko ‏@masnRoch

Brian Roberts at 2B and leading off tonight for AAA Norfolk. Britton pitching. Tejada starting at third base, so no, he's not in Boston

I say this with about 97.452 % seriousness....I think I'd rather watch the Tides game tonight than the Orioles vs Sawx.

Roch Kubatko ‏@masnRoch

Brian Roberts at 2B and leading off tonight for AAA Norfolk. Britton pitching. Tejada starting at third base, so no, he's not in Boston

Whew! I was going to be seriously depressed if Tejada was playing third for the O's.

Roch Kubatko ‏@masnRoch

Brian Roberts at 2B and leading off tonight for AAA-Norfolk. Britton pitching. Tejada starting at third base, so no, he's not in Boston

The Tides will be rockin' tonight !!! :boogie:

Archived