Bedard and the Reds(again)

weemnj

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply
For some reason I doubt they'd give up both Cuelo and Bailey. Hopefully I'm wrong though.

If that's the case, then the deal is Votto and one top prospect pitcher plus a throw-in. I'm sure that MacPhail has already told them they have to do better than that.

I get that feeling too.

I think they would prefer to give up Cueto which favors us since he can stay at AAA for a season giving us another year of his services for cheap.

Cueto(SP), Edwin Encarnacion (3B), Votto (1B), and Hamilton (CF) for Mora and Bedard?

If BB and the media are correct and Bruce will not be in the deal, where do we go from there with the Reds?

Clearly, one of Bailey or Cueto would be in the deal....Bailey has a higher rating and better "pitcher's body" but I am not sure he is the better pick. However, I would assume Bailey is the guy the Orioles would want.

I think it is also obvious that Votto would be in the deal...Votto may be the best first base prospect in baseball.

http://www.thebaseballcube.com/players/V/Joey-Votto.shtml

So, what else do we get from there?

With the emphasis on character, I am not sure I see AM taking a chance on Hamilton.

I would think Encarnacion would be someone we would want, especially if Mora is dealt.

So, Bailey, Votto and Encarnacion.

Question is, can we get another player in this deal? I think it is unlikely we would get both Bailey and Cueto but I guess you never know.

Perhaps a guy like Matt Maloney as a 4th player?

http://www.thebaseballcube.com/players/M/Matt-Maloney.shtml

The other thing is, we would take Votto and Bailey and also Dunn?

And then flip Dunn elsewhere to try and get more players??

Nice thought, but Dunn can't be traded till the middle of the season.

Would we still be interested in him then?

Dunn can be traded because he's still on his original contract. They just excercised an option so they didn't have to re-sign him. He does have a full no-trade clause so it would be getting him to waive that that would be a problem...

If BB and the media are correct and Bruce will not be in the deal, where do we go from there with the Reds?

Clearly, one of Bailey or Cueto would be in the deal....Bailey has a higher rating and better "pitcher's body" but I am not sure he is the better pick. However, I would assume Bailey is the guy the Orioles would want.

I think it is also obvious that Votto would be in the deal...Votto may be the best first base prospect in baseball.

http://www.thebaseballcube.com/players/V/Joey-Votto.shtml

So, what else do we get from there?

With the emphasis on character, I am not sure I see AM taking a chance on Hamilton.

I would think Encarnacion would be someone we would want, especially if Mora is dealt.

So, Bailey, Votto and Encarnacion.

Question is, can we get another player in this deal? I think it is unlikely we would get both Bailey and Cueto but I guess you never know.

Perhaps a guy like Matt Maloney as a 4th player?

http://www.thebaseballcube.com/players/M/Matt-Maloney.shtml

The other thing is, we would take Votto and Bailey and also Dunn?

And then flip Dunn elsewhere to try and get more players??

IMO if the Reds are trying to win this season. They don't want to give up Dunn since he is a major part of their offense. I believe we can get the Reds to take Mora off of our hands. Which could be a hugh plus.

My possible trade of Bedard and Mora gives us a LFer/CFer, 3b man, SP, and 1B. Lots of wholes filled.

Trade Tejada for Wood and Saunders

Trade Saunders and Millar to Texas for Botts(DH).

Trade Roberts for Patterson(2B) and Pie(CF)

A SP, SS, 2b, and 3b gives us a much younger team of (LF, CF, 3b, SP, 1b, DH, SS, and 2B) Add Wieters and Markakis and we have a team full of unders 30s. Now only if our Bp can improve by itself.

Dunn can be traded because he's still on his original contract. They just excercised an option so they didn't have to re-sign him...

I will look for it, but I thought when they picked up the one year extension. There was a clause that he had a full no trade till sometime before the trade deadline.

I will look for it, but I thought when they picked up the one year extension. There was a clause that he had a full no trade till sometime before the trade deadline.

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/player_main.aspx?sport=Mlb&id=3304

Reds exercised outfielder Adam Dunn's $13.5 million club option for 2008.

Dunn and Dusty Baker seem like an odd match, but ever since the Reds made a move to hire their new manager, they've come out more strenuously in favor of retaining the 27-year-old slugger than ever before. Expectations are that he'll be offered a long-term deal this winter. If he turns it down, he could be dealt after his no-trade clause expires on June 15.

Right but he could always waive that for extra $ if he wanted to go somewhere else. I'm not so sure he'd do that to go to Baltimore though. Both GAB and OPACY would probably give him the same stats...

IMO if the Reds are trying to win this season. They don't want to give up Dunn since he is a major part of their offense. I believe we can get the Reds to take Mora off of our hands. Which could be a hugh plus.

My possible trade of Bedard and Mora gives us a LFer/CFer, 3b man, SP, and 1B. Lots of wholes filled.

Trade Tejada for Wood and Saunders

Trade Saunders and Millar to Texas for Botts(DH).

Trade Roberts for Patterson(2B) and Pie(CF)

A SP, SS, 2b, and 3b gives us a much younger team of (LF, CF, 3b, SP, 1b, DH, SS, and 2B) Add Wieters and Markakis and we have a team full of unders 30s. Now only if our Bp can improve by itself.

Why? I would rather have Saunders than Botts...You can get lots of guys like Botts on the waiver wire.

Archived