RHP's Bundy and Gausman, LHP's Britton and Matusz

ChaosLex

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Bundy beats him. Gausman has work to do on his secondaries, I wouldn't expect him till early 2014. Maybe if he signs right away....but they never do.

Gausman's change is a plus. He'll be a good one. Just not a guy you want throwing his slurve.

Kevin Gausman has a Twitter account. Let's follow him.

https://twitter.com/#!/KevinGausman

Some notes about Gausman; He was drafted by the Dodgers in 2010 and declined. On his decision to remain at LSU, he says, "It is the best atmosphere in the country for college baseball. I wanted to go to a place that is very rich in baseball tradition and LSU is definitely the right place for that." As a former LSU grad myself, this statement indicates to me that Gausman has makeup and intelligence well beyond most draft-eligible ball players. Writer's comment.

Gausman stands 6?4", approximately 185 lbs. He throws his fastball in the mid 90?s with movement but has been clocked as high as 100 mph. He already has a good changeup and a "plus" curveball that is aided by a smooth delivery. His height and build indicate that even more velocity and stamina may be added as he bulks up in his early 20?s. This season, he is 11-1 with a 2.72 ERA in 115.2 IP. He?s given up only two home runs, and he has a strikeout to walk ratio of 128/27 (4.7:1). Opponents are hitting only .231 against him this season. In 2011, his opponents only hit .215 off of him.

Brittany Ghiroli ‏@Britt_Ghiroli

Gausman said he's "always been a little weird". Besides the donuts he eats in between innings, loves sci-fi moves. Seems like a character.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/_EAXYH4b4yM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

He will fit in fine around here. If we start seeing another poster referencing this series, we may wish to be polite to him. ;)

Archived