Jim Hunter: Orioles Looking For Veteran Arm - Mentioned Chicago

Brendan25

Hmmm...worries me what DD would give up. Tillman for Dempster? Does a trade like that make sense for Chicago? Tillman stinks but he has some potential long term upside in a perfect world. Would more non prospects have to be piled on top to make it seem worth it?

Add me to the list of 'uneasy' if this is true

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oi, if the Orioles keep winning the trade threads are gonna get out of hand on this board.

I for one hope DD stays the course looking for bargain buys and undervalued "depth" guys; in other words, no big trades, but if a Chris Davis and Tommy Hunter for Koji, or Strop for Gonzalez kind of opportunity comes along then take it.

Oi, if the Orioles keep winning the trade threads are gonna get out of hand on this board.

I for one hope DD stays the course looking for bargain buys and undervalued "depth" guys; in other words, no big trades, but if a Chris Davis and Tommy Hunter for Koji, or Strop for Gonzalez kind of opportunity comes along then take it.

Ah the Rangers. Sigh. <3

I expect Sheets to be signed to a minor league deal by Sunday. Sounds like a DD special. Make it happen!

I would honestly love that. He won't ever get back to being as special as he once was, probably won't even get close. But it'd be amazing if we could mold him back into be a MOR kind-of-pitcher.

Anytime the Os are in trade talks I get nervous.

And yet the Orioles have done remarkably well in trades in recent years. They got more value than they gave up in the Tejada deal, the Bedard deal, the deal for Hardy, the deal for Andino, the deal for Davis and Hunter, the deal for Hammel and Lindstrom....The only reason this team is succeeding this year is because of the deals we've been able to make.

Hmmm...worries me what DD would give up. Tillman for Dempster? Does a trade like that make sense for Chicago? Tillman stinks but he has some potential long term upside in a perfect world. Would more non prospects have to be piled on top to make it seem worth it?

Add me to the list of 'uneasy' if this is true

I think Epstein could get a lot more for Dempster than just Chris Tillman. That kind of starting pitching never comes cheap.

I would honestly love that. He won't ever get back to being as special as he once was, probably won't even get close. But it'd be amazing if we could mold him back into be a MOR kind-of-pitcher.

Two things working against the O's on that count: (1) Ben's name isn't Steve, and (2) PA's unlikely to spend the necessary $6 million.

And yet the Orioles have done remarkably well in trades in recent years. They got more value than they gave up in the Tejada deal, the Bedard deal, the deal for Hardy, the deal for Andino, the deal for Davis and Hunter, the deal for Hammel and Lindstrom....The only reason this team is succeeding this year is because of the deals we've been able to make.

How many of those deals were the O's buying players, and not selling?

It's easy to get more value in return when you're selling.

Everyone keeps suggesting it is going to be Dempster. Is there any chance it could be Matt Garza instead? Who would cost more to get in terms of having to give up prospects' date=' Dempster or Garza?[/quote']

Garza.

Get me Guts!

Archived