O's making trade (O's acquire Thome)

xian4

• Replies 422
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think acquiring Thome is a very inconsequential move if it happens. This team needs a third baseman and a left fielder...and defense.

You have to believe that Thome is a pre-cursor for other deals. He becomes the every day DH which ends the DH by committee approach Buck's been using. That means that Reynolds, Davis and Betemit all become more expendable.

I think this is simply the first domino to fall, but it won't be the last.

You have to believe that Thome is a pre-cursor for other deals. He becomes the every day DH which ends the DH by committee approach Buck's been using. That means that Reynolds, Davis and Betemit all become more expendable.

I think this is simply the first domino to fall, but it won't be the last.

Just what I was thinking, something is going down with Reynolds, I reckon.

I did a post on Thome a week or two ago saying he would be a good fit at OP and the short right field porch. In that post I mentioned he had hit his 609th HR during a game that day that was a walk off HR win for the Phils. I don't know if he has hit any since that game or not. With Earl Weaver in town today he would be all over this kind of a deal. It's too bad Thome isn't 35 but even at his age he can still hit 420 foot+ HR'S. He will make Eutaw St a very popular place this summer if this deal gets done. If nothing else he puts fear into opposing pitchers eyes when he comes to the plate. He will help every one of our hitters in front of him and behind see better pitches. The Orioles are going on a west coast road trip and I think he will add a spark to the lineup. We need more offense and he will help us. In spite of all of the Soriano bashers on here I would still add his bat to our lineup and hope that deal gets done as well. Adding Thome and Soriano to the middle of our llineup would be a major improvement

I did a post on Thome a week or two ago saying he would be a good fit at OP and the short right field porch. In that post I mentioned he had hit his 609th HR during a game that day that was a walk off HR win for the Phils. I don't know if he has hit any since that game or not. With Earl Weaver in town today he would be all over this kind of a deal. It's too bad Thome isn't 35 but even at his age he can still hit 420 foot+ HR'S. He will make Eutaw St a very popular place this summer if this deal gets done. If nothing else he puts fear into opposing pitchers eyes when he comes to the plate. He will help every one of our hitters in front of him and behind see better pitches. The Orioles are going on a west coast road trip and I think he will add a spark to the lineup.

You have to look before you can see.

I did a post on Thome a week or two ago saying he would be a good fit at OP and the short right field porch. In that post I mentioned he had hit his 609th HR during a game that day that was a walk off HR win for the Phils. I don't know if he has hit any since that game or not. With Earl Weaver in town today he would be all over this kind of a deal. It's too bad Thome isn't 35 but even at his age he can still hit 420 foot+ HR'S. He will make Eutaw St a very popular place this summer if this deal gets done. If nothing else he puts fear into opposing pitchers eyes when he comes to the plate. He will help every one of our hitters in front of him and behind see better pitches. The Orioles are going on a west coast road trip and I think he will add a spark to the lineup.

Jim Thome leads the NL in FIOPE/PA right now, as a matter of fact.

Archived