O's making trade (O's acquire Thome)

xian4

• Replies 422
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Is Kyle Simon even a C prospect?

Yeah, he's about that. Probably a reliever long-term, basically a decent fastball and a couple show-me offspeed offerings. Unusual arm slot creates crazy FB movement but limited depth in repertoire. Like him, don't really love him. Maybe a bit much for a 41 year old, but if Thome can keep defying his age then I have zero complaints.

Kyle Simon and Gabriel Lino for Thome. Too much

Seriously? I'm totally fine with that deal. I'd put the chances that Simon+Lino supply more value than Thome does for us this season in their careers at about 15%. For those of you who want us to go all out to contend this year, this should suit you even better: Thome is an .850 OPS bat who might hit even higher than that in Camden Yards.

How anyone can take issue with this deal is beyond me. I love DD's approach. Give us a chance this year without sacrificing at all the future.

Seriously? I'm totally fine with that deal. I'd put the chances that Simon+Lino supply more value than Thome does for us this season in their careers at about 15%. For those of you who want us to go all out to contend this year, this should suit you even better: Thome is an .850 OPS bat who might hit even higher than that in Camden Yards.

How anyone can take issue with this deal is beyond me. I love DD's approach. Give us a chance this year without sacrificing at all the future.

People keep saying he's an .850 OPS bat, yet they refuse to look at the number of AB's he has had this season. He's had a whopping 62 AB's.

Not too upset over losing Simon (I like Mike Wright better) but Lino stings a bit. This isn't surprising though, This is the kind of deal Duquette swung to get Teagarden and Eveland. Dealing low-level players with an outside chance of making an impact on the ML level. Can't say I'm too upset. We'll see how our offense looks when the pitching staff stops giving up 7 runs a game.

Some of us know who Gabriel Lino is and think he's a better than 15% bet to provide more value for the Phillies than Thome will for the Orioles?

Archived