O's making trade (O's acquire Thome)

xian4

• Replies 422
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You smoked when you were 7?

It's a joke from the video.

Did you ever get magnificently laid by a hot blonde solely because of that?

Let's just say that when I have managed to land a hot blonde, I'm often the only one getting magnificently laid.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• It’s pretty crazy to think that once the weather gets to 85+ daily that we might have a legit MLB MOO in the minors in Mayo and Basallo. Not just #6-#9 types.  That’s liftoff 2024 style. 
    • I like all the creativity here and love the fact that even if we were to move someone like Holliday or Westburg to CF, you still cannot get all the top position players currently at AAA or AA in the lineup everyday. That certainly means we still have excess talent that could be used as a trade chip.  Of course, there is also the likelihood someone doesn't pan out due to production or injury. If Mayo were to stick at 3B giving you Mayo, Henderson and Holliday in the infield, I think I would be include to keep Westburg as a super utility guy that still plays most everyday as you flex guys around and keep them fresh with days off. Each of Mayo, Holliday and Henderson can get a day off each week and Westburg can filter in at DH and learn some OF, too, and fill in there. The type of role Ben Zobrist had for a few years, an everyday player without an everyday spot. That also builds in an injury buffer where a single injury anywhere on the field doesn't really hurt.   The other key is Basallo. If he can stick at catcher (even as a part-time catcher), that would be amazing. We all love the Adley/McCann duo, but imagine an Adley/Basallo duo catching and DHing. With both in the lineup nearly everyday, you can carry a third catcher (which would be a luxury available particularly if you have someone in that super utility role). The options are plentiful which is what makes it so exciting. 
    • I agree with this.  And of course, if the O’s disappoint or remain tight with the purse strings, this goodwill he’s built up won’t last long.  
    • Per Tom Boswell, this series marks the end of 21 straight games for the Nats against 2023 playoff teams, and they are 11-8 so far.   However, that group includes Houston (12-22), Miami (10-27) and Toronto (16-19).
    • Wow, I’m surprised Beavers was all the way on page three. Through 252 PA in AA he has an .885 OPS. He’s playing some CF too.  He’ll be in the mix to replace Santa, and Hays if we move on, for OD. If Beavers survives the deadline. If Mayo, Holliday, and Basallo, are untouchable, and Norby/Stowers/Kjerstad have more value to us, then Beavers will be the name teams could target. Beavers and Povich. 
    • This is true. But it is especially true in situations where there are no outs and a runner on second. 
    • Baker is just ORG. depth at this point, I don't question ME, but I'm with you a 100%, those 3 walks against Texas in the Playoffs were as bad as it gets
  • Popular Contributors