Tillman

whynot38

You're going to get sliced and diced for this. He's got to fight through that stuff. And whatever he's doing for warm-ups, he's doing it wrong. Because he was 89-90 for multiple batters.

It was bad, and exacerbated by crap command. If you throw 90 to 92 mph against the Yankees and you don't have command, you are dead in the water.

• Replies 734
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You're going to get sliced and diced for this. He's got to fight through that stuff. And whatever he's doing for warm-ups, he's doing it wrong. Because he was 89-90 for multiple batters.

Yeah, it's a huge problem. He's come out 4 straight starts now with bad control and bad velocity in the first. It's not going to get it done.

(The ump was most definitely squeezing him, though. That 0-1 pitch to Ford was a lot less of a strike than a good number of pitches Tillman threw.)

Its a tough lineup and he is a young pitcher. Not making excuses but the Yanks have made many a pitcher look bad. Overall Tillman still has shown improvement since coming back up....if we expected a shut down ace then that says more about our expectations than him. Yea you would like a better effort in a big game but thats what happens when you start young still learning how to pitch guys against professional lineups like the MFY

Its a tough lineup and he is a young pitcher. Not making excuses but the Yanks have made many a pitcher look bad. Overall Tillman still has shown improvement since coming back up....if we expected a shut down ace then that says more about our expectations than him. Yea you would like a better effort in a big game but thats what happens when you start young still learning how to pitch guys against professional lineups like the MFY

He didn't do himself any favors with his pathetic command.

Are you kidding me? This is Tillman's 4th year in the big leagues. If he hasn't found success now then when is he going to get it done? Is he going to magically just going to improve his stuff in the coming years?

This is what kills me about Tillman and just about every starter except Chen. They get run support and just crap it away. We have the 6th worst rotation the MLB. I imagine that jumps up to 4th or 5th after this game.

I think your sense of time has faltered.

Are you kidding me? This is Tillman's 4th year in the big leagues. If he hasn't found success now then when is he going to get it done? Is he going to magically just going to improve his stuff in the coming years?

Its not like he has 4 full seasons in the MLB. He is 24 and has a total of 40 starts.... There are plenty of guys who continue to improve and become serviceable pitchers after that amount of time Brandon McCarthy among others come to mind.... so no....I am not kidding you. I am not under the illusion that Tillman is an ace or even a quality starter. Just saying this one outing is not going to determine his value ...its only part of the body of work that will. So far coming into this game he had a 1.66 ERA in 4 starts and 21 innings.... thats not god awful or cut and dry as you make it sound.

Its not like he has 4 full seasons in the MLB. He is 24 and has a total of 40 starts.... There are plenty of guys who continue to improve and become serviceable pitchers after that amount of time Brandon McCarthy among others come to mind.... so no....I am not kidding you. I am not under the illusion that Tillman is an ace or even a quality starter. Just saying this one outing is not going to determine his value ...its only part of the body of work that will. So far coming into this game he had a 1.66 ERA in 4 starts and 21 innings.... thats not god awful or cut and dry as you make it sound.

a 4 start sample size is about as meaningful as jack.

Archived