Yankee-Red Sox Bias

EutawBomber

So I was getting tired of seeing the Yankees or Red Sox featured on every national game and I decided to see just how often that really occurs. Checked all the MLB broadcast partners. I know ratings and advertising dollars matter, but it's still pretty insane.

MLB Network

Showcase Game:

14 - Yankee or Red Sox appearances

10 - All 12 remaining AL teams combined

58% NYY/BOS

July schedule:

12 - Yankee or Red Sox appearances

8 - All 12 remaining AL teams combined

60% NYY/BOS

ESPN

TV Broadcasts (today thru end of season):

16 - Yankee or Red Sox appearances

11 - All 12 remaining AL teams combined

59% NYY/BOS

Radio Broadcasts (today thru mid-August):

13 - Yankee or Red Sox appearances

7 - All 12 remaining AL teams combined

65% NYY/BOS

FOX Saturday Baseball (featured "A" game only)

15 - Yankee or Red Sox appearances

5 - All 12 remaining AL teams combined

75% NYY/BOS

TBS Sunday Game of the Week (month of July)

2 AL games scheduled. Both are Yankee home games.

They get better ratings then other games. Can't blame the networks for wanting to maximize ratings. I personally don't see the appeal of 9 inning games that run 3:59.

Right. This used to piss me off until I grew up and realized that it's all about the money.

I can't even tolerate watching a Yankees/Red Sox game anymore, and as a baseball fan, I used to love watching these games. The slow pace of these games is absolutely disgusting. One of the few times I've ever felt any type of appreciation of admiration for Joe West was when he slammed them for this.

I can't even tolerate watching a Yankees/Red Sox game anymore, and as a baseball fan, I used to love watching these games. The slow pace of these games is absolutely disgusting. One of the few times I've ever felt any type of appreciation of admiration for Joe West was when he slammed them for this.

What, you don't like watching hitters walk around and sigh after every called strike, and pitchers doing the reverse?

I will play devil's advocate. I like that the Yankees and Red Sox are always televised nationally. I get all 162 Orioles games anyway, so I don't care if they are on national TV. When the Orioles are in a division race into September, it will be more interesting to watch Yankees or Red Sox games than Cardinals or Indians.

I will play devil's advocate. I like that the Yankees and Red Sox are always televised nationally. I get all 162 Orioles games anyway, so I don't care if they are on national TV. When the Orioles are in a division race into September, it will be more interesting to watch Yankees or Red Sox games than Cardinals or Indians.

Disagree with this... I'd much rather see a Cardinals/Indians world series.

I don't like watching Yankee-Sox games at all either, and wish networks would show more of teams I wouldnt normally get a chance to see. Its all about money so of course the networks will show what game will bring in the most money for them.

With that being said, I have MASN where I live so I get to see all O's games anyway, unless Im working at game time.

Archived