Marlins and Orioles discussing scenarios

Greg

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Gausman can't be traded for a year, but he can be included in a list of players to be named later which is finalized in a year.

Not sure what is too much since we don't know what is coming back. We could be getting HanRam, JJ and LoMo or two of those three or less. Just saying we might be able to make an offer that excludes Bundy/Machado and still might net a tremendous amount.

Getting a little crazier, we could move Hardy and promote Machado.

I am sure a lot of things are on the table with the focus being LF (Pence, LoMo, etc), 3B (HanRam, Headley), SP and possibly 1B.

I think adding a legit 3/4 hitter to compliment Jones, Nick and Wieters is a big deal as well as an quality SP to go alongside Hammel, Chen, Britton/Tillman.

I'm almost positive a PTBNL has to be named within 6 months. So Gausman would be off the table.

I think the O's are talking to many teams. I don't see the O's getting a top tier pitcher. I think a bat might happen first. Not sure if Reynolds is going to be an O for much longer.

Because of trade or just cut?

Ken RosenthalVerified ‏@Ken_Rosenthal

Among teams interested in Hanley, according to sources: #Athletics, #Dodgers, #BlueJays, #Orioles. Interest levels vary. Nothing close

I could see a potential Mega Deal with the Marlins for Han Ram (3B), Morrison (LF/1B), and Nolasco (SP).

I'm good with two of those three, but I'm really not at all interested in Nolasco.

I think it depends on if and who the O's get. Could be either. The O's are talking to alot of teams so everything is just rumor and speculation now.

I have zero information, but I suspect the O's will try hard to offset any salary we take on by dumping Reynolds' salary on the other team.

An American League official told Barry Jackson of the Miami Herald that the Marlins' asking price for Hanley Ramirez is "not ridiculous." Miami wants quality young pieces in return for Ramirez, who earns $15MM in 2012, $15.5MM in 2013 and $16MM in 2014. The infielder does not have no-trade protection.

I have zero information, but I suspect the O's will try hard to offset any salary we take on by dumping Reynolds' salary on the other team.

I think the primary asset the O's will be able to offer the Marlins is going to be our willingness to eat salary. I expect the Marlins are going to want relatively cheap, major league ready players in return along with prospects and the ability to get out from under many millions of dollars in "dead" payroll.

Archived