vs. YANKEES 7/30

OFFNY

• Replies 500
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Buck is just not very bright. I'm sorry, but I'm tired of his horrible management of his starters. Gonzlez is a 100 pitch pitcher. You don't let him face left-handed batters after 100 pitches, especially not with a left-hander in the bullpen and in Yankees stadium. Just plain stupid managing.

Why is nobody up

i get leaving him in until he makes one mistake

but why

why

why

is

he

still in

remember when this happened like three days ago with socolovich

what is your stupid deal buck

Thorne said there was. Somebody already up before the 1st HR. Then O'Day got up afterwards.

Right. Because he missed his location. He's got to work all of his pitches, to all quadrants, effectively, in order to pitch effectively. Trying to be that fine leads to issue. Like back-to-back HRs.

I'm not going to Semanticopolis with you, but no pitcher is successful when they groove a fastball middle-middle. So unless you're saying that all pitchers "have very little margin for error," which is tautological, I don't see your point. Gonzo II certainly doesn't have marginal stuff that requires perfect command. He's gotten a ton of swing-and-misses all over the strike zone. That's what "this pitcher has very little margin for error" would mean in most situations. If that was what you were intimating, then I disagree, and if it wasn't, then I don't know what you're trying to say.

Buck is just not very bright. I'm sorry, but I'm tired of his horrible management of his starters. Gonzlez is a 100 pitch pitcher. You don't let him face left-handed batters after 100 pitches, especially not with a left-hander in the bullpen and in Yankees stadium. Just plain stupid managing.

Spot on, Tony. Fortunately it wasn't a death blow...yet. Against the Yankees you need every run possible!

Archived