vs. YANKEES 7/30

OFFNY

Shouldve been gone after the first home run....but thats real second guessing. He deserved a shot to complete the 7th. Pitched very well..win or lose.

Nah. First one is a no brainer but he missed his spots in the last two batters one resulting in the HR. I really dont think you can leave him against Ichiro in that siutation

• Replies 500
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Buck is just not very bright. I'm sorry, but I'm tired of his horrible management of his starters. Gonzlez is a 100 pitch pitcher. You don't let him face left-handed batters after 100 pitches, especially not with a left-hander in the bullpen and in Yankees stadium. Just plain stupid managing.

...and you certainly don't let him face TWO LHs in a row; especially after the first one launches a tape measure shot.

I dont blame Buck, these starters need to finish what they started.

Not that easy, i know but i get his thinking.

I don't agree with "finish what they started" but I do agree with Buck pushing pushing pushing his starters. We still have the lead.

I dont blame Buck, these starters need to finish what they started.

Not that easy, i know but i get his thinking.

Not when your starter was a reliever up until about Mid-may. Hell, Gonzalez has been a releiver for most of his minor league carer. You don't push him when he clearly was gassed when you have a lefty up. Goodness gracious that's pitiful managing.

With MOST of the major league pitchers running on empty at about 105-110 pitches it really makes you respect the fact that in the 70's and before pitchers would AVERAGE 130 pitches per start.

Nolan Ryan once told me he averaged 175 pitches a game because of all the walks.Juan Marachal once threw over 230 pitches in an 11 innin game.

Different times. The level of competition was simply different. And a lot of those pitchers blew up their arms and never played more than a few seasons - except you never hear about them, because they didn't survive the workloads.

Archived