vs. TIGERS 8/17

OFFNY

• Replies 719
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This sucks. I came on here to post at the start of the game because I had a feeling Tom Davis would be terrible and sure enough its brutal listening to him on play by play. I like him on Wall To Wall but this is too much. Then had to watch the BS call at the plate on Nick and Tommy's HR. Ugh what a way to start the weekend! Let's go O's come back.

Anyone ever see Tom Davis do PBP before? Also where's Hunter?

I got a text from my brother...who I've never heard be critical of a play by play guy...about Davis.

I overheard my coworker watching a baseball game earlier today and after a while, I couldn't shake the feeling that I recognized the distant voice. Eventually checked out what he was watching, and it was a little league game - Canada vs Mexico and Gary Thorne was doing the PBP. Haha

I love Thorne. He's got the best voice in sports IMO.

Lol typical ump BS. How many times have the O's been the beneficiary of a missed call? It seems like its always called right when they'd benefit from a blown call, and called wrong when they'd benefit from the right call. Unbelievable. I guess we'd need 2 runs to win anyway though, so lets go get em.

The said Nick's foot was in the air as it crossed the plate and didn't touch the plate until after he was tagged. It looked to me like they were right. Nick runs like he has a load in his pants.

They can see that from the angle on the replay there's no way the umpire could see that standing up looking down. He would have had to been on the ground to see his foot slide over the plate. Ridiculous. He blew the call.

Archived