We have to hit Jeter tomorrow if we get a good lead.

Gurgi

He didn't think it was a strike...he thought it hit the bat and was a foul ball. Biiiiiiiiiiiiig difference.
That's what i mean. If you're arguing for a strike (or foul call, whatever) you probably weren't TRYING to hit the guy.

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The emotions on this board as of late are just crazy. I have been afraid to post at times quite honestly.

Nobody wants to see anyone hurt at all. That I am sure of. We can all have different opinions, but implying some people are just monsters for saying you should retaliate is a little extreme IMO. Some people thought it was intentional, some people didn't, nobody really knows maybe except C.C and Joe Girardi. Regardless, it is part of the game.

Now, if you come out and say aim for their head-that is a different story.

CC had no command all night long, he did not hit Markakis intentionally. Are you the guy who wants to throw down when someone accidentally steps on your sneakers? That is basically what you are advocating. I suspect, though, you are meek, a coward, and a typing tough guy.

No I'm the guy that will hurt you if you hurt me. And probably much worse.

And if you aren't I feel sorry for you.

Markakis didn't get his cleats stepped on, he got his finger broke and he is done for the season. Payback is in order.

With all the injuries this team has had, I seriously doubt that Buck is going to want to get into a bean ball war. The team has a goal, and getting even with the yankees for what happened tonight isn't going to help this team achieve that goal. With Nick out for the season the team needs to stay focused now more than ever. You want to get even, do it on the score board and in the standings.

I'm not joking. People get away with **** because they can hide behind the law (or Bud Selig). No way that was unintentional. Sorry you're such a *****, enjoy having your lunch eaten.

What are you, 6 years old? You think joking about taking a baseball bat to people for rear ending your car or intentionally hurting opposing players makes you look cool or something?

Seek help my friend. You need it.

I don't see how the plunking was intentional, but I hate the Yankees worse than I hate communism, Nazis and terrorists. Well, maybe not that much, but you get the point. Personally, I'd prefer Tex get hit if it were to happen.

I sure wouldn't cry over it.

I'm not joking. People get away with **** because they can hide behind the law (or Bud Selig). No way that was unintentional. Sorry you're such a *****, enjoy having your lunch eaten.

Wow.... think your words and thoughts pretty much say all we need to know about you :)

Gl was that attitude. Your gonna need it.

If you're TRYING to hit someone, the count is 0-0. If you're just trying to get a little up close and personal, then 0-2 makes sense.

This is what I think happened. And I think pitchers should have the consequences of doing this in the back of their mind. They have to know that doing this has risk.............and not just to the guys batting against you. To your guys. Or else everyone will just treat you like a *****.

There's a huge difference between head-hunting and drilling someone between the numbers to send a message and stand up for your teammate. If we get the opportunity tomorrow, say 9th inning/up by 4 or 5 runs, there will and should be retaliation.

I do not think the pitch was intentional but his arrogant reaction was.

This is how the game is played whether you agree with it or not. If you don't understand why the O's will retaliate (if the situation presents itself) then you have never played the game or haven't paid attention to baseball for the last 100+ years. Again, whether you agree with it or not.

Archived