vs. ATHLETICS 9-15

scOtt

I wouldn't be nearly as worried about this series if the rest of our season were a cakewalk. BUT:

We have a game against the A's, three against the Mariners, six against the Red Sox, four against the Blue Jays, and three against the Rays remaining.

Tomorrow's forecast looks... how shall we say it... grim.

The Mariners have been playing better than their season averages of late, and if we get King Felix, that's almost a lock for at least one L.

The Sox have been playing meh so we'll probably at least go .500 against them or better.

Ditto for the Jays.

If the Rays are still playing like they did this past week when we face them in the last series of the RS, it'll be good. Otherwise, look out for a couple of L's.

I'm thinking that out of the remaining games, we'll probably be right around .500. 17 games, 500 puts us at about 89 or 90 wins. That's borderline post season. Absolute borderline.

Basically guys, our entire season is going to come down to a couple of games where we either lose when we were supposed to win, or win when we were supposed to lose. I'd love for tonight to be one of the latter, but so far... :ohlord:

• Replies 664
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm jealous of that Dogfish Head picture. They stopped distribution to RI, and now I'd have to drive all 15 whole minutes to MA if I wanted to buy some.

They sell them room temp in the store by me. I wonder if I could ship it out?

EDIT: Thought it said 15 HOURS. Ha ha. The beer is starting to kick in.

They sell them room temp in the store by me. I wonder if I could ship it out?
I'm just lazy, haha. A 15-minute drive isn't a big deal, but the liquor store I frequent has a massive craft beer section and is only half a mile away from home. I'll probably go pick some Dogfish Head up before the Punkin is all done. I could go for one of their 90-minute IPAs, too.

How many at bats in a row can Andino hit it directly to the shortstop? 10? 20? 50?

Anyone wanna take a guess.

It's gotta be close to 10 already at this point.

We've GOT to try someone else there. We simply have too' date=' Andino is not a major league baseball player.[/quote']

He got slightly under one yesterday and hit it over the shortstop's head to the left fielder.

Amen to that and also WTH is Chavez even on the team let alone starting????

I feel like the team has precious few options as far as replacing him in the lineup right now. I'm sure there are a few options, but are any of them as obvious and as clear-cut as an elephant in the room? I don't think so. Not really. We don't exactly have a Machado just waiting in the wings to take his place.

Buck and DD have managed this roster extremely well all season. You know we're taking on a lot of injury when we have to dig deep and pull up a guy like Chavez. It's just a sign of the state of the team -- injuries are starting to take their toll.

I'm just lazy, haha. A 15-minute drive isn't a big deal, but the liquor store I frequent has a massive craft beer section and is only half a mile away from home. I'll probably go pick some Dogfish Head up before the Punkin is all done. I could go for one of their 90-minute IPAs, too.

My best bud (MFY fan) and I went to the first game of the MFY series last week and stopped at a bar before the game that had 40 craft on tap and another 100 bottled. Place is called Alewife. Will never make the trip again without stopping there. The bartender was indcredible.

I wouldn't be nearly as worried about this series if the rest of our season were a cakewalk. BUT:

We have a game against the A's, three against the Mariners, six against the Red Sox, four against the Blue Jays, and three against the Rays remaining.

Tomorrow's forecast looks... how shall we say it... grim.

The Mariners have been playing better than their season averages of late, and if we get King Felix, that's almost a lock for at least one L.

The Sox have been playing meh so we'll probably at least go .500 against them or better.

Ditto for the Jays.

If the Rays are still playing like they did this past week when we face them in the last series of the RS, it'll be good. Otherwise, look out for a couple of L's.

I'm thinking that out of the remaining games, we'll probably be right around .500. 17 games, 500 puts us at about 89 or 90 wins. That's borderline post season. Absolute borderline.

Basically guys, our entire season is going to come down to a couple of games where we either lose when we were supposed to win, or win when we were supposed to lose. I'd love for tonight to be one of the latter, but so far... :ohlord:

89 or 90 won't get it. I think Oakland, Texas may end up with 95,97 each. I think the Division winner in East will have 93,94 and the second wildcard 92, 93.

Archived