Eduardo A. Encina says the O's will dangle Tillman- Winter Meetings

wildcard

I'll join in. It was when he was "rehabbing" after not being up at the beginning of the season. Everyone was all ready for him to be activated, and of course he was optioned instead. Buck said he was not near ready. Now, I am not sure how that proves that Buck is down on him. He just said he was no savior at the time. Had a lot of work to do. He says that about young pitchers often.

Maybe I took it wrong. I'll leave it at that, since I made it up.

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

6-5-2012

http://fantasynews.cbssports.com/fantasybaseball/players/updates/1733482

Manager Buck Showalter said Britton's return is not imminent. "He needs to continue to pitch well at the level he's pitching at to be considered to pitch here," Showalter said. "His rehab is until the 25th and we could option him at any time. Nothing really imminent there with him. He's got a lot of roads to cross before we'd consider him." Britton wasn't at his best in the outing Tuesday, but earned the win for Norfolk. Britton allowed four runs and seven hits over six innings. He walked two and struck out two batters. Britton threw 80 pitches and 49 went for strikes.

Oh my word, this is the funniest thing I have ever read on here. Adding AAA wins to MLB wins to come up with a combined record. Dan Duquette is that really you? I thought you were joking when you brought up Eveland's wins in 2011 but I guess you weren't.

Oh my word, this is the funniest thing I have ever read on here. Adding AAA wins to MLB wins to come up with a combined record. Dan Duquette is that really you? I thought you were joking when you brought up Eveland's wins in 2011 but I guess you weren't.

The funny thing for me is that wins feel kind of worthless these days. I put wins up there with saves. The pitcher might have won the game, but it could also have been a 7-6 "win". Same with saves, a pitcher comes in to get the last 3 of 27 outs and gets credit with a "save". I like wins and losses as stats if the entire numbers on a guy are analyzed. I don't care if Tillman combined for 17 wins between AAA and the majors, but I do care about how well he performed for the Orioles over the second half the season.

Premium players in this league tend to be really expensive and even decent players see increases in pay (Guthrie). The value of a guy like Tillman goes beyond wins. Teams value a players upside and cost and Tillman has those two things in his favor. If someone could assure us 17 wins a year out of Tillman with a 3.28 ERA and 1.17 WHIP than I wouldn't trade him for Butler or Hosmer, but that can't be done I think that trying to include him in a deal makes sense.

If Tillman is involved in a trade for Hosmer or Butler I'd be fine with that although I'd like to signed Butler long term. In other words, if you are going to get me a MOO for him I'm putting a bow on him and sending him over.

I agree, but that has more to do with my not going all in on Tillman (or any other arm) than it does anything else. I am not sure that Tillman can put quality numbers up over an entire season, but I feel comfortable in Billy Butler being able to do so.

I would if I wasnt on my cell. Buck made quite a few comments that could lead one to believe hes not a huge Britton fan. He called him out more then a few occasions.

Do you remember Buck's reaction to Arrieta's performance in Anheim last season? The one where Jake was sent out after the game, if I remember correctly. Maybe he's in the doghouse, not Zach.

Simple answer is no unless its for MOO bat that is just as young... This Tillman for butler or dickey talk is some of the worst trade talk that I've heard on this board. We finally have developed one of our young arms and to want to trade him. Tillman should only be in trade talks if you can package him for a player like Stanton...

Archived