Eduardo A. Encina says the O's will dangle Tillman- Winter Meetings

wildcard

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think Tillman for Hosmer straight up is a fair trade of two talented players with very high ceilings. I probably wouldn't do it if I were DD, because I think a front line starter is a scarcer commodity and more valuable than a middle of the order hitter, but maybe that's just me.

No way in hell do I trade MORE than Tillman for Hosmer or Butler.

This is the thing. The O's arent looking for potential, they're looking for a MOO bat this time around.

Simple answer is no unless its for MOO bat that is just as young... This Tillman for butler or dickey talk is some of the worst trade talk that I've heard on this board. We finally have developed one of our young arms and to want to trade him. Tillman should only be in trade talks if you can package him for a player like Stanton...

Billy Butler, despite being around for years now, is only 26. Tillman is exactly 2 years younger.

I feel like either 3 or 4 moves are going to happen at these meetings... or before the Xmas break.

If your statement is amended as such, I 100% agree. It doesn't have to happen THIS week, but a lot of progress can be made that can be followed through on.

Tillman is a classic "sell high" guy for the Os this winter.

Think about what we could have gotten for Matusz after his strong season (instead of the last two Matusz years).

If Tillman could bring one of Kaycee's big bats (Gordon or Hosmer or Butler) what are we waiting for?

This says it all! We have a surplus of pitching and a lineup that needs a boost. Especially with Mark Reynolds gone. And I've said pitching pitching pitching pitching pitching pitching pitching but I think we're covered right now. The push for Saunders is just more reason. Even if Tillman would go on to become a REAL 17 game winner for someone else, I'd still be damn glad in '13 to have Butler or Hosmer.

I've always had the thinking that noone is every untouchable. Everyone has a "price". Even Dylan Bundy or Matt Wieters.

I don't mind the O's looking to see what they could get if Tillman was put in a deal. It just better be worth what he is if they do trade him. Tillman has tremendous value right now.

Archived