Eduardo A. Encina says the O's will dangle Tillman- Winter Meetings

wildcard

You're never really deep in pitching. The time will probably come next year where we're grateful that we have deep pitching, unless we trade some of it, of course. I think the only good reason to trade Tillman is if you think he's going to regress. I'm not a believer in his curveball, he has a great fastball and his change-up is good enough, he might yet be destined for the bullpen.

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Comfortable?

Matusz, Hunter and Arrieta pitched themselves out the rotation last year.

Wada will probably start the season of the DL from TJ surgery

Bundy and Gausman are scheduled to start the year at AA

Steve Johnson - Most reports say his stuff is below average and the league may catch up to him.

Britton - Shoulder problems for the last year and a half.

Saunders - The current free agent market is sky high. The O's left Reynolds go reportly because they didn't want to offer him 1.5M more then he made last year. How is Saunders a match for the O's under those conditions?

What is there to be comfortable about? If the O's want to contend they need quality starting pitching. Trading any of the four starters for hitting is a good way to knock the team out for contention for 2013.

Buck: 'If they tell you its not about the starting pitching --- Its about the starting pitching'

Comfortable?

Matusz, Hunter and Arrieta pitched themselves out the rotation last year.

Wada will probably start the season of the DL from TJ surgery

Bundy and Gausman are scheduled to start the year at AA

Steve Johnson - Most reports say his stuff is below average and the league may catch up to him.

Britton - Shoulder problems for the last year and a half.

Saunders - The current free agent market is sky high. The O's left Reynolds go reportly because they didn't want to offer him 1.5M more then he made last year. How is Saunders a match for the O's under those conditions?

What is there to be comfortable about? If the O's want to contend they need quality starting pitching. Trading any of the four starters for hitting is a good way to knock the team out for contention for 2013.

Buck: 'If they tell you its not about the starting pitching --- Its about the starting pitching'

First you didn't want to trade Bedard for a package containing Jones, Tillman, etc. Now, you don't want to trade Tillman. Geez wildcard. ;):D

As wildcard posted, Encina said that the Orioles will look to dangle Tillman.

Lost in that is where Encina also says

The club will look to dangle Tillman and Matusz more so than Arrieta and Britton, who the team feels still have significant upsides

So the Orioles want to keep Arrieta and Britton if they can, which really is the opposite of what most poster want to do on the board. It seems like a lot of us want to keep Tillman at all cost due to his 2nd half, and trade away Arrieta and Britton...O's management sees differently...

I believe that was your cue to back up your statement with some evidence. Perhaps a nice quotation or link?

I would if I wasnt on my cell. Buck made quite a few comments that could lead one to believe hes not a huge Britton fan. He called him out more then a few occasions.

I would if I wasnt on my cell. Buck made quite a few comments that could lead one to believe hes not a huge Britton fan. He called him out more then a few occasions.

I am sure Buck has his opinions. I am sure he made remarks about all of the underachieving Calvalry members at one time or another. I am sure we have no idea what he really thinks of anyone other than Robert Andino.

Archived