Eduardo A. Encina says the O's will dangle Tillman- Winter Meetings

wildcard

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply
When the orioles get back from Nashville do they have new players if so who?

A RH compliment to Wilson Betemit, someone like Austin Kearns or Scott Hairston, and maybe one of the SPs that was recently non-tendered. I'd prefer Lannan but we already tried to acquire Jurrgens once so I think he's the most likely candidate.

You should add "in my opinion" because you spout a lot of half truths and complete fallacies as facts. You're the only poster on here who consistently does it.

Apparently you missed it in the 'short rants' but this is one of my pet peeves. Let me revisit the subject. I sense your frustration with another poster but since he has a screen name and words that follow does that not already make whatever he writes his "opinion" unless it is accepted as fact? Moreover, when have you ever seen any article written with the words, "In my opinion, blah, blah, blah." It just isn't done.

Whatever the case anyone should be able to state their without having to qualify it for someone else. We all aren't going to agree.

At least IMHO. ;)

I just read Texas met with Greinke and are pursuing him. I hope they sign him. Doubt they'll have enough money to sign Hamilton. Daniels has already said they won't go more than 3 years for Hamilton. The team that signs him will probably have to go 4 years. He is looking at other hitters if Hamilton leaves.

I also just read that R.A. Dickey is in Nashville to meet with a Mets trainer to get a checkup on his surgery a few months ago. He lives near there and said it's interesting the last time they had the meetings there he was without a team. The Mets GM said yesterday he expects a lot to happen this week. Hopefully a sign and trade to the Orioles is in the forecast. The Mets increased their 2 year offer to him yesterday. Hopefully he will sign tonight or tomorrow and we can obtain him.

The Rays are supposedly going to deal a starter for hitting. This story was updated today by a Tampa paper. Several news services say Price will be traded. I doubt they would trade him to the Orioles but maybe a 3 way trade lands him in Baltimore.

Ichiro Suzuki's name apparently is being discussed by a lot of teams and he is not a definite to return to the Yankees. If we can't get Hamilton we should consider him for a 1 year with option deal. He is not that expensive and would be a great #2 hitter behind Nick. He still has speed and is a feared hitter.

The Soriano trade rumors will continue this week with the Cubs eating most of his 18 mill a year salary. 32 HR'S last year!

Apparently you missed it in the 'short rants' but this is one of my pet peeves. Let me revisit the subject. I sense your frustration with another poster but since he has a screen name and words that follow does that not already make whatever he writes his "opinion" unless it is accepted as fact? Moreover, when have you ever seen any article written with the words, "In my opinion, blah, blah, blah." It just isn't done.

Whatever the case anyone should be able to state their without having to qualify it for someone else. We all aren't going to agree.

At least IMHO. ;)

Stating opinions as if they are a fact is not usually tolerated here.

Jim Bowden posted the following information today about players that may be traded this week with the Orioles as a possible trade partner;

Player: Brian Matusz, LHP

Reason: There are several teams that believe what Matusz did in relief for the Orioles down the stretch he can also do in the starting rotation if given another opportunity. The Orioles want a corner guy/DH, and they might have to use Matusz to fill that hole.

Possible trade partners: Mets, Padres, Indians, Cubs

Player: Shin-Soo Choo, RF - Indians

Reason: He is entering his walk year and with Scott Boras as his agent he’s sure to test the free-agent market rather than commit to a long-term deal with the Indians. In addition, with the Indians' tight budget constraints, it’s unlikely they would commit the type of years and dollars it would take to retain Choo.

Possible trade partners: Mariners, Red Sox, Phillies, Orioles, Giants, Rangers, Reds, Braves

Player: Brett Wallace, 1B - Astros

Reason: The Astros have top prospect Jonathan Singleton almost ready to take over at first, and Wallace has never put together his offensive potential, which he might actually reach when he's traded to what will be the fifth team of his career.

Possible trade partners: Indians, Rays, Mariners, Orioles

Player: Justin Morneau, 1B - Twins

Reason: The Twins have said that they’re not going to trade Morneau. However, they also know they’re not going to sign him to another multiyear deal and they might be able to get a decent prospect if they move him now, due to the shortage of good first basemen on the free-agent market. They also will probably have to pay part of the $14 million he is owed in 2013, the final year of his contract.

Possible trade partners: Rays, Orioles, Rangers, Mariners

Player: Justin Smoak, 1B - Mariners

Reason: The Mariners have been aggressive in the free-agent market, and are hot after Napoli, who would play first for them. If they upgrade over Smoak at that spot, expect them to turn around and move Smoak to a team in need of an inexpensive first baseman.

Possible trade partners: Rays, Indians, Orioles, Nationals, Blue Jays

Player: Alfonso Soriano, LF - Cubs

Reason: The Cubs will have to eat most of the $36 million left on his contract, which expires after the 2014 season, but if they can get a solid prospect, they’ll have to deal him and adhere to their blueprint of rebuilding.

Possible trade partners: Blue Jays, Rays, Orioles

Player: Logan Morrison, 1B/LF - Marlins

Reason: The Marlins have moved just about every player who has given them headaches over the past couple of years -- except for Morrison, who’s probably next. Morrison is a solid hitter with 15-20 home run power and has the ability to play first and left.

Possible trade partners: Mets, Astros, Orioles, Rays, Indians

Player: R.A. Dickey, RHP - Mets

Reason: The Mets continue to work toward signing the NL Cy Young Award winner to a multiyear contract, but they’ve been working even harder to try and find out what his trade value is. Once Zack Greinke, Kyle Lohse and Anibal Sanchez sign, the contending teams that missed out will be considering a deal for Dickey. A top prospect or two good prospects would certainly help the Mets in their rebuilding program, just like when GM Sandy Alderson traded Carlos Beltran for Zack Wheeler at the trade deadline in July 2011.

Possible trade partners: Angels, Dodgers, Royals, Red Sox, Orioles

Player: Michael Morse, LF

Reason: The Nationals' trade for Denard Span means that Bryce Harper and Jayson Werth will be the team's corner outfielders and Morse will either be moved to first base or traded. The Nats' first choice is to re-sign Adam LaRoche to play first and trade Morse because LaRoche is a better defender at first and more importantly his left-handed bat gives their lineup some balance

Possible trade partners:Rays, Reds, Orioles, Braves, Giants, Mariners, Indians

Archived