Eduardo A. Encina says the O's will dangle Tillman- Winter Meetings

wildcard

I would if I wasnt on my cell. Buck made quite a few comments that could lead one to believe hes not a huge Britton fan. He called him out more then a few occasions.

Soooooo when you get home you can elighten us! ;)

I will however back you on this a little bit. I myself do not recall the article, but I do remember Buck saying something about Zach not being ready and going with him out of necessity. But I hardly feel that that is enough to say that he doesn't like the dude.

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply
As wildcard posted, Encina said that the Orioles will look to dangle Tillman.

Lost in that is where Encina also says

So the Orioles want to keep Arrieta and Britton if they can, which really is the opposite of what most poster want to do on the board. It seems like a lot of us want to keep Tillman at all cost due to his 2nd half, and trade away Arrieta and Britton...O's management sees differently...

I continue to repeat this but I really don't understand why people don't get it. Arrieta doesn't have a lot of value right now so trading him doesn't make sense since he won't net you much and his value is at an all time low. Britton and Matusz's value are also relatively low. People don't want to trade Tillman because he looked the best last year but he is the one with the most value and with the best chance of actually giving us something in return.

I will however back you on this a little bit. I myself do not recall the article, but I do remember Buck saying something about Zach not being ready and going with him out of necessity. But I hardly feel that that is enough to say that he doesn't like the dude.

Thats actually what I was thinking of. When Buck didnt seemed pleased having to turn to Britton. Maybe I took it wrong, but he didnt seem too supportive of Britton. Guess I should have added "In my opinion" to keep the lynch mob happy.

If you havent seen it, I guess it didnt happen then. No point in waiting around.

Are you serious? You just entered completely uncredited information to the conversation. The burden is on you to cite your sources.

I continue to repeat this but I really don't understand why people don't get it. Arrieta doesn't have a lot of value right now so trading him doesn't make sense since he won't net you much and his value is at an all time low. Britton and Matusz's value are also relatively low. People don't want to trade Tillman because he looked the best last year but he is the one with the most value and with the best chance of actually giving us something in return.

I think you underestimate the value of Britton & Matusz. I agree on Arrieta though. You pitchers that haven't quite made have good value because of potential & years of control.

Thats actually what I was thinking of. When Buck didnt seemed pleased having to turn to Britton. Maybe I took it wrong, but he didnt seem too supportive of Britton. Guess I should have added "In my opinion" to keep the lynch mob happy.

You should add "in my opinion" because you spout a lot of half truths and complete fallacies as facts. You're the only poster on here who consistently does it.

Seems most threads you post in devolve into petty arguments. But it must be everyone else, not you.

If you got a problem with me, feel free to PM me. Other then that, just put me on ignore then.

I agree with Terror here ...Save yourself the headache by saying " IMO or I believe Buck gave quotes that gave me the impression. Things you can't prove will definately cause you grief.

Buck's a pretty good guy about holding guys accountable ... So I doubt he's down on a guy...More likely challenging him to be better.

I agree with Terror here ...Save yourself the headache by saying " IMO or I believe Buck gave quotes that gave me the impression. Things you can't prove will definately cause you grief.

Buck's a pretty good guy about holding guys accountable ... So I doubt he's down on a guy...More likely challenging him to be better.

I really dont care anymore johnny. Bigger issues then the headaches on here.

I'll join in. It was when he was "rehabbing" after not being up at the beginning of the season. Everyone was all ready for him to be activated, and of course he was optioned instead. Buck said he was not near ready. Now, I am not sure how that proves that Buck is down on him. He just said he was no savior at the time. Had a lot of work to do. He says that about young pitchers often.

Archived