Eduardo A. Encina says the O's will dangle Tillman- Winter Meetings

wildcard

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Guys I was commenting on the use of the overused IMO, IMHO, and other such qualifications to quite obviously is opinion from that particular writers point of view. Any facts in anything written can be easily proved or disproved. Whatever follows is therefor opinion. That was my only point, I wasn't taking sides.

However, in that to which you refer....

"Where we are and knowing what Zach needs to bring, he'll figure it out at some point in his career as a pitcher,” Showalter said. “We feel confident about that. It's just not happening right now. It's frustrating for him and for us, because we see glimpses of it.”

That was after he got bombed by the Yankees and he still sounds as if he has his back. Hence, the 'we feel confident about that' statement. Buck rarely calls out his players. In fact I can't ever remember him doing so. Showing frustration with Arrieta during the game in Anaheim is one of the few times I've seen him publicly frustrated with a player.

I feel like either 3 or 4 moves are going to happen at these meetings... or none will.

Me too. I think they have a couple of things "in the works" and if one thing happens, it could create a ripple effect. If their initial move comes up short, they might need to regroup and shift their sights on different targets.

It's pretty clear that Buck has not said anything that would indicate he thinks poorly of Zach. One random poster stated something as fact that is clearly not true, or at least provable, so there's really no need to continue rehashing it.

Back to the subject at hand, I think that the O's are trying to increase perceived value of those guys, and I like it. At the very least we'll have to see if they can develop this year.

Simple answer is no unless its for MOO bat that is just as young... This Tillman for butler or dickey talk is some of the worst trade talk that I've heard on this board. We finally have developed one of our young arms and to want to trade him. Tillman should only be in trade talks if you can package him for a player like Stanton...

Finally, someone with my views! I doubht Stanton is coming short of anything less than Bundy or Machado but Justin Upton seems plausible. I hope Tillman stays and becomes a 20 game winner. His stuff should allow him to.

Stating opinions as if they are a fact is not usually tolerated here.

What about the times that you read it-absorbed it- but didn't save it.

I basically remember Buck questioning Brittain's value.

Just because you don't agree with another's OBSERVATIONS-well------i'm dam near 70 years old but a lot less anally retentive than some of you factoid cops.

I'd be very much for trading Tillman for a quality bat. Tillman is a decent pitcher but he's a fly-ball pitcher in the AL East with a K rate that leaves a lot to be desired. I'd rather have either Hosmer or Butler.

Tillman is a classic "sell high" guy for the Os this winter.

Think about what we could have gotten for Matusz after his strong season (instead of the last two Matusz years).

If Tillman could bring one of Kaycee's big bats (Gordon or Hosmer or Butler) what are we waiting for?

What about the times that you read it-absorbed it- but didn't save it.

I basically remember Buck questioning Brittain's value.

Just because you don't agree with another's OBSERVATIONS-well------i'm dam near 70 years old but a lot less anally retentive than some of you factoid cops.

You and I remember the same incident, and it was not really a refection of Buck's evaluation of Britton, just where he thought he was at the time. Physically as well as otherwise. Now, Buck may hate Zach. But we would never know that for certain. that just is not Buck. By the way, I get caught reading, hearing, absorbing all the time. But when these guys call me on it, I usually go try to track down the source of my speculation, just so they can form their own opinion. I did it just yesterday when called on it.

Archived