Baltimore being serious players for Dickey

Greg

Yeah, people really seem to overestimate the value that Hoes and Avery have. They're C+ prospects, and that might even be a little generous.

Yes, they do, but not this guy. I have mentioned 100 times that the kind and gentle folks of the OH vastly overrated the bs we have in our system. The trade proposals I see for each player are good comedy, but rarely realistic.

Hoes and Avery are more likely to bring back a punch in the face than they are a good mlb player.

• Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Gut the Jays system I say! And bring on that old knuckle baller!

Dickey has one of the best knuckleballs ever, and a good fastball as well. He's going to be a very good pitcher for several more years. I'd rather he stay out of my division, thank you very much.

And even after this trade, their farm system will be deeper than ours.

The debate goes on , meanwhile the Jays get Dickey because they see the window of opportunity in the AL East this year. The Yanks are old, the Redsox are picking up aging free agents, the rays lost Shields and are weaker and the Os are coming off a playoff season and are content to stay pat. I can't wait for this season to begin because for the first time no one really can even predict the first through fifth teams.

The debate goes on , meanwhile the Jays get Dickey because they see the window of opportunity in the AL East this year. The Yanks are old, the Redsox are picking up aging free agents, the rays lost Shields and are weaker and the Os are coming off a playoff season and are content to stay pat. I can't wait for this season to begin because for the first time no one really can even predict the first through fifth teams.

I don't think it is that hard to figure out really. The Blue Jays are the huge early favorite, impossible not to be. However, the Yankees be default should be assumed to be the favorite. The Red Sox, the early favorite for the cellar. Tampa and Baltimore for 3rd/4th.

If D'Arnaud is really headlining a deal for Dickey, then why isnt it done already? This is all smoke and mirrors.

Rumor is that there are multiple players moving on both sides but the deal is centered around Dickey and D'Arnaud. We won't know unless it happens.

From MLBTR:

As of this morning, the deal had four players coming to the Mets and three to the Blue Jays, according to Mike Puma of the New York Post (Twitter links). Toronto also wants a catcher back in the deal, and that could be Thole. The Mets have discussed getting pitching prospect Noah Syndergaard in the deal as well, Puma tweets.

Read more at http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/#Yb4yR7wlpdVJxDpA.99

If Toronto acquires Thole, he will be the 8th catcher that will have graced their 40 man roster: J.P. Arencibia, Travis d'Arnaud, A.J. Jimenez, John Buck, Eli Whiteside, Bobby Wilson, Jeff Mathis, & Josh Thole.

From MLBTR:

If Toronto acquires Thole, he will be the 8th catcher that will have graced their 40 man roster: J.P. Arencibia, Travis d'Arnaud, A.J. Jimenez, John Buck, Eli Whiteside, Bobby Wilson, Jeff Mathis, & Josh Thole.

You know what they say, you can never have enough catching?

This! I'm sure we kick the tires, but when they start talking money, we'll bow out.

It did not have anything to do with money this time. Toronto will have traded 4 out of their top 5 prospects this offseason.

Machado, Bundy, Gausman, Delmonico. Or since Gausman can't be traded, Schoop.

Archived