Baltimore being serious players for Dickey

Greg

• Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yeah, I am just surprised that he was traded. Is something wrong with him?

Doesn't take to instruction well.

Has not maintained his college velocity.

Rumors are he has an abrasive personality.

His pitching strategy is to get hitters to chase balls out of the strike zone. This has not worked with MLB hitters leading to excessive walks and high pitch counts.

I would love to keep him in the minors until he was willing to listen to Peterson.

We had a thread about him a few weeks ago. It was known that he was available. I figured he would go cheap as well. Would have been a great buy low opportunity.

I made that thread! And I am disappointed too. You have to think they would have taken Schoop over Gregorius, and maybe there was potential for a Hardy trade there too. Bauer's a really good prospect.

Blah blah blah .... We can make this excuse for every deal/move that happens.

Yes, and you can complain every time another team acquires a player we like. Or, you could actually think about individual cases. Were you willing to move Bundy, or at the very least, Gausman and more for Dickey? No? The end.

No thanks. I was at the game where he 1-hit us. He was flat out nasty. I've never seen a knuckler throw so many strikes.

Yea, know what you mean. Since the Mets are my favorite NL team, I drove all the way up from SC for that series. While I didn't mind seeing the one hitter by Dickey. It was a bummer to see the O's lose the entire series. That was the beginnig of a long slump for the O's. I often thought about that series as we battled the Yankees down the stretch within a couple of games. Have to say I did meet alot of nice and knowledgeable Mets fans. Stood around shooting the bull with them until the gates were locked a couple of nights. Citi field was a pretty nice park behind OPACY.

Blah blah blah .... We can make this excuse for every deal/move that happens.

This post is pretty childish. don't you think?

Aside from the rudeness of your post, I can't imagine that you really believe that the Orioles should give up more value than d'Arnaud for a year of Dickey.

I don't think it is that hard to figure out really. The Blue Jays are the huge early favorite, impossible not to be. However, the Yankees be default should be assumed to be the favorite. The Red Sox, the early favorite for the cellar. Tampa and Baltimore for 3rd/4th.

Red Sox were pencilled in as the WS winner when they went out and spent all that money on AG, CC, etc. There are no guarantees that Toronto is going to win even the division, let alone get into the playoffs. If the team who looked best on paper won every year, we wouldn't have to play the games.

Red Sox were pencilled in as the WS winner when they went out and spent all that money on AG, CC, etc. There are no guarantees that Toronto is going to win even the division, let alone get into the playoffs. If the team who looked best on paper won every year, we wouldn't have to play the games.

Exactly. Look at the 2012 Angels for another example.

Exactly. Look at the 2012 Angels for another example.

I agree. I love the assumption that X team is going to win because they signed or traded for Y and Z. The Orioles were in the playoffs last year and the Angels, Red Sox, Dodgers, Mets, etc., were home watching it on TV. And the Rangers with Mr. Hamilton lost their one game playoff with the O's. I would be willing to slot the Dodgers in the postseason right now, but several of the teams that are making headline grabbing deals now will be watching the playoffs on tv in 2013.

Archived