What is your "oddest" piece of Orioles memorabilia?

notfast

I would love to see any 19th century O's stuff you have. A lot of it is really rare. Most of the team-owned memoriabilia went up in flames with the old Federal League park in '44. I'm a huge 1890s O's fan and I basically have nothing from that era.

Sorry for the delay...

http://s41.beta.photobucket.com/user/oldoriole/library/#/user/oldoriole/library/OldOriole%20Pics?&_suid=13616585654570045028852392272556

I posted a few pics. These include a photo of the 1896 Baltimore Oriole Team, a team photo from 1897 commemorating the "4 Times World Champions, a team photo from 1901 with John McGraw still on the team. The glove and bat used by OldOriole Bill Hoffer (I also have an old Baltimore Orioles stock certificate in the photo and the two coppertops to the flagpoles at Memorial Stadium. Last photo is some of my signed baseballs. You could say I'm a packrat!

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sorry for the delay...

http://s41.beta.photobucket.com/user/oldoriole/library/#/user/oldoriole/library/OldOriole%20Pics?&_suid=13616585654570045028852392272556

I posted a few pics. These include a photo of the 1896 Baltimore Oriole Team, a team photo from 1897 commemorating the "4 Times World Champions, a team photo from 1901 with John McGraw still on the team. The glove and bat used by OldOriole Bill Hoffer (I also have an old Baltimore Orioles stock certificate in the photo and the two coppertops to the flagpoles at Memorial Stadium. Last photo is some of my signed baseballs. You could say I'm a packrat!

Very Cool Thanks for sharing.

I'm a Ravens PSL owner and my favorite Orioles memorabilia come from the last game ever played at Memorial stadium. Risked getting arrested to carry out a stadium seat. For some reason they were taking a dim view of dismantling the stadium they were about to bulldoze anyway and the cops were having a field day as a few guys like me ignored the warnings. I was with my oldest boy and he was scared to death but we made it out and I've subsequently given the seat to him.

the oddest thing I have is a prize from busch gardens. Its a very ugly version of cal ripkens face and when you squeeze it, it gave the play by play of when he got his 3,000th hit. The coolest thing I have is 2nd base from Cal's second to last game with the retirement logo on it.

the oddest thing I have is a prize from busch gardens. Its a very ugly version of cal ripkens face and when you squeeze it, it gave the play by play of when he got his 3,000th hit. The coolest thing I have is 2nd base from Cal's second to last game with the retirement logo on it.

Where did you get that?

My oddest piece of Orioles memorabilia isn't really considered memorabilia I don't think.

When I was around 9 years old, my parents took me to a basketball game at the high school. It was the Orioles vs. our high varsity team. I do remember Cal and Brady being there, but not much else. I got Cal to sign a piece of yellow legal pad paper. Still have it.

Thinking about it, I've never heard of the Orioles doing anything similar to that. I'm sure that they have, but my hometown is Crisfield, which is 3 hours away. I love that little town.

I have an unopened coke bottle that honored 2131 and a Cal Ripken "Bambino Bear". Also have the McGwire and Sosa Bambino Bears.

Yea I have a whole unopened 6-pack with the original carton. I also have an extra unopened bottle. Bought them for 5 bucks at a yard sale. They're selling for about $20 now.

I have a ton of Orioles things, but something "odd" that I have that is kinda out of scope...I have a signed 2x4 by Hacksaw Jim Duggan! Hoooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

Crap, I messed up on the message I left with your rep. Hoooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!

Almost forgot, I have a couple more things. They aren't too odd, but maybe one is.

Luckily I live right by our Single-A affiliate, the Shorebirds. I remember when we drafted Hobgood and I met him for the first time. I got him AND Joe Jordan to sign the lineup card that Ryan Minor had given me the day that Matt made his debut with the Shorebirds. How freaking cool is that? The draftee and the drafter!

I have a couple Shorebirds ticket stubs signed by Dylan.

1954 Little Rock Central yearbook signed by Brooks Robinson as a member of the basketball team (there was no baseball team)

1977 Aberdeen High yearbook signed by Cal Ripken in five places (everywhere he is pictured, the umpires for 2131 and includes long notes from Brady Anderson and Brooks Robinson about 2131

1956 San Antonio Missions AA Brooks Robinson game-used cap...the only one he wore the entire year with written note from Brooks and picture of him holding the cap.

I was at an antique shop in North Beach a few weeks ago and found a Coca Cola bottle comemerating the 1983 World Championship season. I paid $20 for it, but it's a cool knick knack.

Kinda lame compared to Roy's personalized WS rings given to him by Brooks and Flanny, but what the heck. :D

Sorry for the delay...

http://s41.beta.photobucket.com/user/oldoriole/library/#/user/oldoriole/library/OldOriole Pics?&_suid=13616585654570045028852392272556

That's great. I'm having some issues here at work seeing some of it, but I'll definitely take a look at home.

The '97 photo really says "4 Times World Champions"? That doesn't really make sense. The only thing I can think of is that the O's were regular season champs in '94-'96, and Temple Cup champs in '96-97. But the Temple Cup was just a kind of postseason series between the first and second place teams, and it was only held four years because the teams (and fans) didn't take it seriously. In '97 the O's lost a kind of epic pennant race to Boston, and I've never really heard anyone say the O's were champs that year because of what was really some exhibition games a few weeks later.

Unless Brooks or Cal starts posting here Roy is The King of Orioles Memorabilia Internet Wars.

I have a lot of stuff with an O's logo on it, but it's mostly knick-knacky junk. One cool thing I have is Cal's 2131 poster they gave out after streak week. I got it framed a few years ago. Another one of my favorites.

Archived