D-Rays Owner: M.L.B. no Longer Believes in Tampa Bay Area

OFFNY

I don't know how bad the situation is in Mexico, but what are the chances that a cartel could kidnap a player? Or a group of fans? That just screams PR nightmare. Also, the distance is a huge problem.

I dont think the cartels would mess with baseball players. I think they would take certain pride that a team was there.

The travel is probably a major issue.

IF Castro would ever die Havana might be possible in 20 or 30 years. God knows they dont have anything else to live for there.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I dont think the cartels would mess with baseball players. I think they would take certain pride that a team was there.

The travel is probably a major issue.

IF Castro would ever die Havana might be possible in 20 or 30 years. God knows they dont have anything else to live for there.

Have you actually read about the crimes the cartel commit? They would murder an entire team and not bat an eyelash.

Mexico City doesn't have the same set of problems seen in Juarez. It could handle a Major League team, but IMHO its just too far away to be practical.

Its 1000 miles from Houston, 1400 miles from Phoenix, and 1600 miles from San Diego. Those are the CLOSEST major league teams. Impossible? No. But every road trip would be a horror.

This is frequently overlooked, but it's also at a higher elevation than Denver. Around 7,300 feet.

San Juan is a fantastic choice. Can't believe I hadn't thought of that before. I think Brooklyn would be tricky but there's so much baseball history there that it would be hard to completely brush off the idea.

Just to add another question to the mix. What would you name a team in *Insert desired location here*?

San Juan is a fantastic choice. Can't believe I hadn't thought of that before. I think Brooklyn would be tricky but there's so much baseball history there that it would be hard to completely brush off the idea.

Just to add another question to the mix. What would you name a team in *Insert desired location here*?

The Hartford Armpits (right between NYY and BOS markets)

San Juan Coquis

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Common_coqu%C3%AD

Archived