Ongoing lineup thread for 2013

Aglets

Josh Lindblom's control has significantly improved since last year, albeit in limited action.

In 2012, Lindblom walked 15 batters (plus 2 intentional walks) in 23.33 innings pitched.

In 2013, Lindblom has walked only 5 batters (plus 2 intetional walks) in 26 innings pitched.

BALTIMORE ORIOLES O (JULY 10th)

Nate McLouth - LF

Manny Machado - 3B

Nick Markakis - RF

Adam Jones - CF

Chris Davis - 1B

Matt Wieters - C

J.J. Hardy - SS

Chris Dickerson - DH

Brian Roberts - 2B

Wei-Yin Chen - LHP (3-3, 3.04 ERA)

OPPOSING PITCHER

Josh Lindblom - RHP (1-2, 4.50 ERA)

http://baseballpress.com/lineup.php

• Replies 978
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Josh Lindblom's control has significantly improved since last year, albeit in limited action.

In 2012, Lindblom walked 15 batters (plus 2 intentional walks) in 23.33 innings pitched.

In 2013, Lindblom has walked only 5 batters (plus 2 intetional walks) in 26 innings pitched.

BALTIMORE ORIOLES O (JULY 10th)

Nate McLouth - LF

Manny Machado - 3B

Nick Markakis - RF

Adam Jones - CF

Chris Davis - 1B

Matt Wieters - C

J.J. Hardy - SS

Chris Dickerson - DH

Brian Roberts - 2B

Wei-Yin Chen - LHP (3-3, 3.04 ERA)

OPPOSING PITCHER

Josh Lindblom - RHP (1-2, 4.50 ERA)

http://baseballpress.com/lineup.php

No Reimold again. I know it is a righty but he is only going to get worse.

No Reimold again. I know it is a righty but he is only going to get worse.

More concerned about Flaherty not starting. When was the last time he started? He needs to get some playing time and have an opportunity to win back the starting job. He's the best offensive and defensive 2B at this point. It's ridiculous that B-Rob is starting every single day, when besides from his home run 8 games ago, he hasn't shown the ability to hit the ball hard or even to medium depth in the outfield. He doesn't drive the ball whatsoever anymore. Just really dumb not to have Flaherty start, especially against righties when he was maybe our 2nd best hitter just 2 weeks ago.

More concerned about Flaherty not starting. When was the last time he started? He needs to get some playing time and have an opportunity to win back the starting job. He's the best offensive and defensive 2B at this point. It's ridiculous that B-Rob is starting every single day, when besides from his home run 8 games ago, he hasn't shown the ability to hit the ball hard or even to medium depth in the outfield. He doesn't drive the ball whatsoever anymore. Just really dumb not to have Flaherty start, especially against righties when he was maybe our 2nd best hitter just 2 weeks ago.

Either Flaherty or Reimold should be DHing. Dickerson is a good 4th outfielder but he's not a good DH.

Reimold is NEVER gonna hit if you play him every second or third game.

Either Flaherty or Reimold should be DHing. Dickerson is a good 4th outfielder but he's not a good DH.

Reimold is NEVER gonna hit if you play him every second or third game.

Yeah I don't understand why Roberts is playing every day when we have better options at 2B (Flaherty and Casilla are both faster and better offensively/defensively). Meanwhile Reimold has the most potential to be our every day DH, and he barely plays.

Rangers are throwing a righty, hence the nod to Dickerson for DH.

Nolan has always hit righties slightly better than lefties. The splits are as follows. The arm of the pitcher has little effect to Nolan.

Split G GS PA AB R H 2B 3B HR RBI SB CS BB SO BA OBP SLG OPS TB GDP HBP SH SF IBB ROE BAbip tOPS+

vs RHP as RHB 239 674 593 149 28 4 26 84 12 2 63 130 .251 .329 .444 .773 263 20 10 0 8 2 7 .276 101

vs LHP as RHB 150 369 330 84 14 1 14 39 4 3 36 79 .255 .325 .430 .756 142 5 0 0 3 2 6 .292 97

Nolan has always hit righties slightly better than lefties. The splits are as follows. The arm of the pitcher has little effect to Nolan.

I have been informed by another poster that Nolan's sample size is small enough that the actual evidence should be tossed out replaced with league average numbers.

He has hit it just hard enough to ground into 3 double plays... so we have that going for us

Yeah I don't understand why Roberts is playing every day when we have better options at 2B (Flaherty and Casilla are both faster and better offensively/defensively).

Because Buck doesn't believe he has better options than Roberts?

Meanwhile Reimold has the most potential to be our every day DH, and he barely plays.

Because Buck doesn't believe Reimold is the best option at DH?

I have been informed by another poster that Nolan's sample size is small enough that the actual evidence should be tossed out replaced with league average numbers.

Well that's stupid. His sample size is small enough that the splits should be regressed with a heavy dose of league average L/R splits based on his total numbers, not thrown out.

Lifetime OPS is .763. Not too shabby considering all the slumps and injuries he has endured.

Give the man routine playing time and he'll hit.

The issue is that Reimold is almost 30 and his hypothetical hitting ability is still largely that. Even if he were to put up that .763 OPS that's not much of an asset in a minus-gloved LFer/DH. He is unable to give himself routine playing time.

The issue is that Reimold is almost 30 and his hypothetical hitting ability is still largely that. Even if he were to put up that .763 OPS that's not much of an asset in a minus-gloved LFer/DH. He is unable to give himself routine playing time.

As I said earlier, I am starting to give up on the man, but to play him this sparingly, its no damn wonder he can't find his groove. In trying to get everyone playing time, what Buck is effectively doing is assuring NO ONE of Reimold, Flaherty, Casilla, Dickerson can find a groove. But what do I know? Absolutely NOTHING Huh!!!

Archived