Britton and Arrieta on Trading Block?

Bradysburns

You aren't going to get anything for Arrieta or Britton. Not enough. The key is to let someone like Tillman build his value further, then deal him, and replace him with Britton or Arrieta etc. The guys with the value are the ones in the ML rotation proving themselfes against ML hitters, unless we are talking high end prospects like Bundy and Gausman.

Many people are predicting a regression from Tillman which will probably happen, but to what degree? I think he will be more consistent than the other two. He can repeat his delivery more often and the CB is the thing he needs to improve to really get him to the next level. Therefore, I'd rather hold onto him.

We can still acquire prospects that improve our depth without them being of Bundy or Gausman status.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Roch mentioned in his latest blog - "There were 31 scouts here today. The Astros were one of the clubs represented." Of course, Britton looked horrendous. But could this be further evidence that the Orioles are shopping him?

Roch mentioned in his latest blog - "There were 31 scouts here today. The Astros were one of the clubs represented." Of course, Britton looked horrendous. But could this be further evidence that the Orioles are shopping him?

It's evidence that other teams know we have a surplus of starting pitchers.

It's evidence that other teams know we have a surplus of starting pitchers.

You know how this works. DD says make me a offer I can't refuse. The other team offers junk. DD and Buck say we like our player and if he don't like them as much as we do we will keep them.

Houston is desperate for starting pitching but I can't see them giving up any of their top guys. They are more likely to get scraps or salary dumps, IMO.

Well Houston is willing to give up anyone for two players, their GM has said. Their top two pitchers are on the block. They are soon to have Phillip Humber and Erik Bedard as their top two pitchers as they seek to rebuild the whole thing.

I wonder if the Orioles and Astros match up at some point.

I like Altuve's offense, but his defense is allegedly awful.

Does the two player rule apply to only ML guys? I would give up a lot for Jonathan Singleton.

I'd happily flip a "young promising pitcher who just needs a change of scenery" to some dumbass team for a top prospect, but it's unlikely to impossible. :(

That struck me as quite the contradiction, scOtt. I think if the right deal were available DD would be all over it. I'm inclined to agree with Drungo to a degree, in the sense that only marginal upgrades would be made to the ML team. However, if we could grab somebody to shore up the farm then I'm for that, too.

As webbrick noted lower level prospect would be nice to keep building up our system.

I agree. I should have said Dan is not actively looking for a deal, but always listening.

Before I begin, I admit that I am a Jake fan. I certainly understand the frustration of watching him at times and at times the true dominance of his performance is just remarkable. If he doesn't make the team as a #5, then trade him. He will not get a chance to truly prove himself at the ML level and therefore his value will not likely rise much more than it is now. He deserves a chance somewhere (not Norfolk). The O's should be able to trade him for a blocked player somewhere or for a some sort of prospect. If Buck chooses BM fine, but Jake deserves better than AAA.

Archived