Sunday Night Baseball vs. Yankees 4-14

scOtt

• Replies 490
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• There is just no way Hyde is going to PH a lefty for a lefty when you have your #9 hitter RHB coming up. If Cedric sucks so bad that you PH another lefty then he really has no business being in the lineup at all. We may be approaching that point soon but we're not there yet.
    • I get where you are coming from but disagree.    You had 2 viable bench bats in Mountcastle and to a lesser extent Stowers. Mountcastle was there to hit if he could tie it.    You can’t compare Mateo and Mullins offensively the last couple of years. 
    • It’ll be curious to see what happens.  I see a guy that can’t throw strikes and when he does he gets hammered with meh stuff.  A 4.5 era 1.44 whip guy with significantly less Ks than IP is a dime a dozen in MLB.  
    • I get that and normally I'm in favor of playing the matchup game.   But Ced's terrible go of it lately negates that lefty .825 OPS against Munoz for me in that situation.  I'd have been alright with Mountcastle trying to catch a hold of one there instead...at least I think Mounty would have at a better chance to draw a walk and get on for Gunnar.  IMO, getting a runner on for Gunnar was the most important part of that inning, especially if you're going to prop up the .825 OPS Munoz has against lefties.  If getting a runner on was the most important thing, then I don't want the weakest hitter on the team up there no matter what side of the plate he's standing on, I want the guy who can likely give the best at bat.  For me, that was Mountcastle. Now I get the whole veteran thing, there was no way that Hyde was going to pinch hit for Mullins since he's been a valued member of the team.  But you could argue that Mateo has been a valued member of the team for the past couple years and that pinch hitting Stowers for him was a slap in the face to Mateo, especially when Mateo hasn't been the automatic out that Mullins has been lately.  
    • I’m the opposite. I think he gets claimed. Ton of bad teams would give him a look. 
    • I think we’ve all noticed that more calls have gone against the O’s than for them in the last few years.  It was only the Alomar part of your thesis that made me shake my head.   
  • Popular Contributors

• Popular Now