Will this be Arrieta's last start if he tanks? (UPDATE: He Tanked- He was optioned)

sevastras

SSS alert but he has a 6.75 ERA with 4 HRs in 13.1 IP in relief. I would rather he learn how to be a bullpen guy at Bowie then Baltimore.

You know better than to quote 14 innings worth of anything. What you're really saying is "this is meaningless but it appears to support my point so we'll throw it out there."

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Looks like he is going down.

I figured this had to be coming. No reason to leave Arrieta on the team. He can't pitch in relief the next two days and we need a starter on Wednesday. So no reason to have him sit on the roster for two days doing nothing.

I figured this had to be coming. No reason to leave Arrieta on the team. He can't pitch in relief the next two days and we need a starter on Wednesday. So no reason to have him sit on the roster for two days doing nothing.

Yeah, I am thinking Burnett will be up here for the next two games then sent back down for a starter.

You know better than to quote 14 innings worth of anything. What you're really saying is "this is meaningless but it appears to support my point so we'll throw it out there."

It is a SSS from relief, but you can also see him pitch from the stretch as a SP, and he's pretty awful. I don't think this is a Tommy Hunter situation where you simply throw him in the pen, hope he gains a few mph and suddenly becomes effective. I don't see any reason to believe his control issues suddenly resolve themselves by pitching in relief.

Glad to hear he's headed down. Hope he actually figures it out.

Have you actually seen Jurrjens pitch or are you going off the scores? By scouting reports, Gausman has been much better than Jurrjens.

Gausman is much better than Jurrjens. And neither would win for the Orioles today. And yes, I've watched them both.

The thing with Jake is his MiL numbers are meaningless at this point, we will never know if he can turn it around until he gets another chance up here and gets the job done for an extended period of time. I don't care what he does down at Norfolk not that I want to see him struggle.

The thing with Jake is his MiL numbers are meaningless at this point, we will never know if he can turn it around until he gets another chance up here and gets the job done for an extended period of time. I don't care what he does down at Norfolk not that I want to see him struggle.

Well if he pitches to a 2.00 ERA over 15 games at norfolk he will either get another shot here or somewhere else.

Archived