Will this be Arrieta's last start if he tanks? (UPDATE: He Tanked- He was optioned)

sevastras

Yep. He seems very edgy (especially with guys on base). Not sure how/if that can be fixed. Seems more like a personal demeanor kinda thing at this point. It's not like he's a rookie out there anymore. He is the anti Steve Johnson.

or the anti-Miguel Gonzalez, aka CSK, Cold Stone Killer.

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I have had enough of this and I loved this guy when he came up. Simply put, he is terrible under pressure and can't pitch from the stretch

If they send him down, they should have him work from the stretch 100% of the time. Also, limit him to 2 pitches until he gets his strike % up to a reasonable number for a couple outings in a row.

I can't believe he hasn't put it together yet, his stuff is so good - it may be the best on the staff.

I've seen enough. I like Jake, like his stuff, like his upside. But... this is the big leagues, the O's don't really have time to develop him at the ML level, and he's sort of past the age of development anyway. He's at the point where it's time to reinvent something or convert to a reliever. There's no reason the O's should keep rolling him out there.

I agree. It's getting to the time where we're seeing what we have with Jake as a starter. I am frustrated with the inconsistency, Jake obviously has the physical ability but lacks something mental/emotional at present to perform as I would like.

Sent from my SCH-i705 using Tapatalk 2

I want to cry. I love Jake and really thought he'd be a beast, but he's more of a liability than an asset. Time to send him to AAA. We cannot afford to keep sending him out there when he consistently make those mental lapses in the 3rd and 4th inning. So sad since he has the stuff. I don't get it!

I'm so sick of reading people say that Jake is mentally weak or can't handle pressure. The fact is, he has terrible command, and that's why he has been so bad. All of these armchair psychologists just drive me nuts, and it's just insulting to a player that people don't even know.

Archived