JUNE 14th:O 39, 158

JUNE 15th:O 42, 422

JUNE 16th:O 41, 311

O

_______

• Replies 759
  • Created
  • Last Reply
41,311 for the Sunday game, 122,981 over the weekend. Good, but maybe a little less than the O's drew for the Phillies and Nats last June.

I wonder how much of that is lack of Sux fans? Matusz himself said they were barely noticeable on Friday...

Today, there was orange all around the stands, far outnumbering the opposition who was mainly pretty quiet.

However, in our row there were some Red Sox clowns to the left of me and even some lone joker in a Yankees shirt and hat to the right, so I turned to my son, and you know what I said

that's right

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/DohRa9lsx0Q" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Through 35 home dates:

2013: 1,008,660

2012: 944,521

http://www.sportsnetwork.com/merge/tsnform.aspx?c=sportsnetwork&page=mlb/teams/027/attendance.aspx?team=027

The O's actually have lost ground to 2012 during June. However, they should make up a lot of that ground when they return for the next homestand.

This has been a rainy Spring thus far, with a lot of games in question due to impending storms. (yet strangely none have been rained out). I think those coming from a good distance are being scared off by the threat of rain. Just my 2 cents.

This has been a rainy Spring thus far, with a lot of games in question due to impending storms. (yet strangely none have been rained out). I think those coming from a good distance are being scared off by the threat of rain. Just my 2 cents.

The Dodgers game was.

I don't get how the Natinals can call their games before it is even raining. The same night we got rained out vs the Dodgers, their game was called at 5:00, and it wasn't raining at the time. Last Friday (when it rained all day) they called their game at 12:00 when it was supposed to start at 7:00.

I wish the O's would do that some time. It'd be great not to have to drive for an hour just to have the game postponed due to rain.

I've thought pure attendance numbers have been good, but the energy the crowd has brought since September of last year surpasses almost anything I've seen at a MLB park. O's fans have really gotten behind the team. The All-Star results are more proof of that.

Boy howdy! A couple times Saturday we shouted down Let's go Red Sox chants. It was sweet.

After yesterday's win...

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Buck on the crowd: "We were talking about all the orange in the park. Don't think the players don't notice it." <a href="https://twitter.com/search?q=%23orioles&src=hash">#orioles</a></p>— Roch Kubatko (@masnRoch) <a href="
">June 16, 2013</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

e's pointed this out on a number of occasions over the past two years. And he made a point of mentioning the crowd's exhuberance again yesterday in his post-game remarks without the subject even being broached by reporters.

It's great to see the crowds back at Camden Yards, that's for sure.

There were two crowds of 40,000 or more for this recent four-game series against Boston. And the O's have already had seven crowds of 40,000 or more this season, with three sellouts.

Attendance is up an average of 3,000 fans per game, and that figures to pick up even more now that school is out and the Orioles are playing some of their best ball of the season.

No question, Camden Yards is the place to be again for Orioles fans. And no one's loving that more right now than Showalter and his players.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/baltimore-sports-blog/bal-orioles-fans-deserve-credit-for-making-camden-yards-so-loud-over-the-weekend-20130617,0,4605167.story

e's pointed this out on a number of occasions over the past two years. And he made a point of mentioning the crowd's exhuberance again yesterday in his post-game remarks without the subject even being broached by reporters.

It's great to see the crowds back at Camden Yards, that's for sure.

There were two crowds of 40,000 or more for this recent four-game series against Boston. And the O's have already had seven crowds of 40,000 or more this season, with three sellouts.

Attendance is up an average of 3,000 fans per game, and that figures to pick up even more now that school is out and the Orioles are playing some of their best ball of the season.

No question, Camden Yards is the place to be again for Orioles fans. And no one's loving that more right now than Showalter and his players.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/baltimore-sports-blog/bal-orioles-fans-deserve-credit-for-making-camden-yards-so-loud-over-the-weekend-20130617,0,4605167.story

And us fans too. I was really hesitant to go to the game Saturday. Haven't seen the Sux or Skanks in about ten years because of the Fenway South effect. But it's really a lot better now.

attachment.php?attachmentid=592&d=1243637605

Count on it. So far on Sundays:

34.431 (Twins)

41,265 (Dodgers)

37,704 (Rays)

39,182 (Tigers)

Looks to me like a lot of the folks who bought season ticket plans in October to get playoff ticket priority last year went with the Sunday plan.

We certainly did. My buddy and I work in DC. He lives in DC and I live in Laurel. With neither of us getting out of work most nights before 6:30 or 7, weekdays games just don't really work with the traffic. The Sunday plan is a great fit with our schedules. We're loving it so far, and a little relieved that they've started to win some of those games. Had a great time at the park yesterday with my dad for Father's Day.

And the O's have already had seven crowds of 40,000 or more this season, with three sellouts./QUOTE]

They'd also had 7 crowds of 40,000+ last year through 35 dates: Opening Day, 3 with the Nats, and 3 with the Phillies. But this year we haven't had weekend series with teams in cities that were a 60-90 minutes away. Drawing 40,000+ for the Twins on a Saturday, Dodgers (twice), and Tigers is much more impressive.

Overall, the weekend crowds have been huge. In addition to the 7 games over 40,000 you mentioned, there's been another 5 over 37,000, and two over 34,000. The only weekend game that drew under 34,000 was the Dodgers game that was rained out on a Friday and played at 1 p.m. the next day as part of a two-admission day/night doubleheader. By comparison, last spring the O's had two weekend crowds under 20,000 (one was less than 15,000) and many crowds under 30,000 on the weekends.

Archived