Swisher to White Sox

rammyfanny

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply
They traded Gonzalez and Santos for him??

Looks like Sweeney as well....Damn, Oakland really made out well here...They got a better package for swisher than they did for Haren IMO.

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/

And Sweeny.

3 for 1.

Good deal for Oakland.

What is Oakland going to stay in a perennial rebuild ?

Swisher wasn't that old. This is out of left field, but then again, aren't lots of deals ?

Wow, this is crazy to me. I've actually been thinking about Swisher a lot this off season, ever since it became apparant that the A's are rebuilding. He just signed that extension and I heard him on XM last summer talking about how happy he is to play in Oakland and how much he loves it, and how he was happy to sign an extension even if he could have gotten more money somewhere else. I had wondered how he'd handle being on a rebuilt team. But I never imagined he'd get traded.

And Sweeny.

3 for 1.

Good deal for Oakland.

What is Oakland going to stay in a perennial rebuild ?

Swisher wasn't that old. This is out of left field, but then again, aren't lots of deals ?

This may have been an offer that they couldn't refuse.

With Sweeney, Buck and Gonzalez, they have a good core for the OF.

Gonzalez and Santos are top pitching prospects...I really do think this is better than the Haren deal.

Oakland also got Chris Carter in the haren deal who was with the WS organization last year.

Swisher Traded To White Sox

Baseball Digest Daily is reporting that the A's have traded Nick Swisher to the White Sox for Gio Gonzalez, Fautino De Los Santos, and Ryan Sweeney. I'd heard about the Sweeney part but hadn't been able to confirm it.

Incredible deal for the A's. I, too, am surprised that Billy dealt his golden boy, but I am more confused as to why the ChiSox would want to add another 1B/OF as those positions seem to be a little crowded with Konerko (and Thome) at 1B and Owens, Quentin, Fields (3B/OF), and Dye in the OF. I don't think I could have made that deal if I was Kenny Williams.

Archived