5/20 vs. Yankees

PaulFolk

• Replies 879
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• Always means he's hit 100 once and 90 once. His 162 game average is 94 but he plays around 150.  
    • I like that. I would like it even more if Burnes was part of it. Never know when Rodriguez could suffer another injury with how violent his delivery is.
    • Put me in the I don't want Elias going anywhere camp. Not every deal will work out which should be obvious. We haven't seen how he'll operate with a full budget yet and one thing that we absolutely know is that the man can draft and keep talent coming through the pipeline. Letting him walk would be a huge mistake IMO. We haven't even seen his draftees hit their peak yet which should be better that what we're currently seeing. 
    • He's always been around 100 RBIs per season, one of the few guys who could actually extend an At Bat and win during a tough battle with a pitcher, key hits, and if it wasn't for Santander then the Orioles would have lost several more games than they did. Santander's timely hits/home runs won them a few games. You can Box Score Bobby his stat line, but there are some thing just pulling up the box score doesn't show you. He's been pretty under rated as a fielder in RF at Camden Yards too. It's obvious he knows the dimensions with the grounds crew garage better than any active player right now. He's certainly a much better fielder and hitter than Kjerstad is. Kjerstad could become just as good of a hitter but how long is that going to take, and how many runs will it cost the Orioles because he's not that good on defense?
    • You add one number 1 or 2 type starter  so you have Efflin, Free agent, Rodriguez, Kremer and then you have a competition with Suarez, Povich, McDermott, Young Rogers and maybe another minor league guy.   I think some people are gonna have a 32 man roster with signing 2 starters, 2 bullpen guys, a middle of order bat then a right handed outfielder.  
    • I've seen you say this Bregman thing before, and I'm curious what makes you think that beyond the obvious Houston connection.  Bregman is an awful fit for us - we already have a third baseman for one (arguably 2, but that depends on how anyone feels about Mayo at third - plus Urias either way though), and he's a RH hitter in a ballpark that would be terrible for him.  Plus the injury concerns.  I don't get it.
    • Then why even have a farm system if you never going to let your young guys get a chance to make the team.  Povich, McDermott, Young should all be all be traded if you just keep signing starters.  You have to give them a chance to learn and adjust at the major league level.  You want options at that spot to give those guys chances not just block them to never get a chance.  
  • Popular Contributors