TT: Gausman's time will come, but it's not now

Tony-OH

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So you think it might be more than just bad luck as Bordick kept talking about how good those pitches were, but just happened to get hit . . . . . . . . . :bangwall:

Well, 3 of the hits were bloopers that just dropped in. He wasn't particularly bad today, but he needs to be much better obviously.

How many people are in favor of leaving him in the rotation?

Me. I'm glad this happened today. I'd be a lot more glad with a perfect game, but this was a learning experience, and it's better to learn against the real competition. We wouldn't have won anyway, so what's the harm?

Plus, there was some bad luck in there. Not a single homer given up. I hope he makes his next start.

Me. I'm glad this happened today. I'd be a lot more glad with a perfect game, but this was a learning experience, and it's better to learn against the real competition. We wouldn't have won anyway, so what's the harm?

Plus, there was some bad luck in there. Not a single homer given up. I hope he makes his next start.

Are you experienced?

I said at the end of the game thread, He's not going to finish this year anyways. He has the stuff to compete. Getting accustomed to the majors is worth him getting his brains beat in. For now beat in... maybe he learns how to compete. Experience under his belt for next year.

I hope Gausman doesn't get ruined by being brought up too soon like a Matusz or Britton. I guess they figure the best way these young guys learn is in the show and not the minors. His next start against Boston will tell us a lot...

It's alarming how bad he has been. Just about every starter we've tried to develop has been bad, but this is close to a new level of just really sucking hard.

He was drafted a year ago and has made 4 ML starts, one of which was very solid and that one was against the best offense in baseball. I would hardly call him a failure at this point.

Troll harder. He's had 4 starts.

I'm not here to troll but Gausman has had 3 terrible starts and 1 good one . He's not ready on a contender .maybe you live with it five years ago but not now. We should go with Johnson or Britton or get a trade done

Honestly Gausman wasn't bad until the 5th inning today. The first inning run resulted from a bloop double and a solid two-out single. The second inning runs resulted from 2 bloop hits, a walk and one solid single. He got 2 K's in each of the first two innings but was a victim of terrible luck. He doesn't get as much sympathy from me for the 5th, where he was hit harder and hurt himself with two walks, but even then he was the victim of lousy bullpen support.

I wouldn't give up on him based on this start, in other words.

How many people are in favor of leaving him in the rotation?

Doesn't he have a pitching limit? I would have loved for him to have come up

lights out. But he is just not ready. But if Bucks hands are tied because of injuries.

He just may have no other choice. IMO

Archived